Barbara Sher Upcoming Documentary

Read Only. Look here for dates, times and contact information. This forum includes information about Barbara's PBS appearances.

Moderator: BarbaraSher

Barbara Sher Upcoming Documentary

Postby Tituba » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:06 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsfHog2cs7U

Trailer for upcoming documentary
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Barbara Sher Upcoming Documentary

Postby ljp » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:55 am

Where will this be shown? PBS? In theatres?
ljp
New Poster
New Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:12 pm

I haven't thought about that, to be honest. Someone who follows my work - I have a lot of respect for him, and he went through one of my coach trainings in Frankfurt - has decided to make a documentary and I've decided to let him. That's all I know.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:19 am

That's great. I'll be watching for it. Molly says "hi" to your dog and says that he/she seems to be taking good care of you.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:40 pm

Three woofs from Shadow, too. :)
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:22 pm

Sad to say I lost Romeo a year ago October 31. I still miss him. He was a total nut case with people who walked too near me in the park, but he loved to sit on my lap while I was at the computer and keep me warm in my heart. Those little ones really get under your skin. I guess you never get over them. Didn't get another because travel has gotten kind of hard. But someday...
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:00 pm

There's a dog in the video trailer, and I assumed it was yours. I did know that you lost Romeo, and I'm so sorry for that loss.

Molly still says, "Howdy." She's one of your biggest fans.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:54 am

That would have been Yorkie Rescue #1. Another crazy male Yorkie. He died at 17, and I went for a month thinking I might not get another dog (I traveled so much and it was really difficult in so many ways). What a fool I was. I found another on Petfinders a month later.

#1 hated other dogs, especially pit bulls, and I had to rescue him (and protect the other dogs from him) with some regularity. I remember walking home along the front of my apartment building (a brick one built before 1930) when I heard a man shout, and saw out of the corner of my eye a huge dog leap out of the open door of a van across the street and head our way. I snapped him up with his harness and leaned against the building, protecting one side of him while the building protected his back.

It was a huge pit bull. Many of them are very sweet but this one had murder in his eye. When he leaped up to eat #1 on my left side, I turned my shoulder into the brick wall as a barrier. When he came around and leaped up on the right side, I turned my right shoulder to the wall as a barrier. He moved fast, but after a couple of those rounds, his owner got there and grabbed him.

To my surprise, I wasn't a bit scared. Just proud of myself for moving so fast and protecting the lovable little bastard. (He usually attacked the pit bulls, so it was hardly a clear-cut case of good against evil.)

If I ever get another dog (it will have to be a very small one, like both of my Yorkie rescues) it will be a female. #1 attacked dogs. #2 attacked people who got too close to me. Male Yorkies are out of their minds. Their intense cuteness is entirely for survival value. No one would put up with them otherwise. But when they go away, they leave a deep hole in your heart.

The family dog here in France - also a rescue - is a medium-sized hunting spaniel, so incredibly sweet that there's usually a line here in front of the living room couch to kneel down and hug her and so beautiful, especially her eyes and face, that when my son was walking her in a local park recently and she went over to say hello to a small group of men talking, one stopped, looked down, and said, "Bridget Bardot, le chien."
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:37 pm

:D

The hunter spaniel is the one I thought was yours.

I chuckled at your description of Yorkies.

Before Molly, I had a little Yorkie that I got from the pound on his last day. On our first walk, while we were getting out of the car, Tommy(who was on leash) backed out of his collar, ran across the parking lot bit a Pit Bull in the butt, ran around to the front and bit the Pit Bull on the cheek, then hung from the Pit Bulls cheek for a while and ran off. This, of course took about two seconds. My daughter made a mad tackle and caught Tommy and ripped her knees to shreds with her diving grab. (any football player would have been proud to have done as well.) After that, Tommy attacked a German Shepherd, a Doberman, a horse, a Bulldog and several others before he finally learned to be more sociable. The dog trainer at Pet Smart said that it was Tommy's defense while he was on his own. He was such a mean little dog that the big dogs would run and not have time to realize that he was really just bite sized.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby irminator2013 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:15 am

I am so glad I'm back on the forum. I am inspired by all the people here. Right now I have thrown my hat into the writing ring with a cookbook I am building with my sister. I will be watching Barbara's documentary and sharing with my friends and family. Barbara truly inspires me and I am so full of gratitude. :D
irminator2013
New Poster
New Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri May 29, 2015 7:15 am

Good luck on that cookbook!
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby TraceyHabron » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:22 am

This looks wonderful. Makes sharing the info with others easier.
TraceyHabron
New User
New User

Postby BarbaraSher » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:38 am

Elaine Glimme wrote::D

The hunter spaniel is the one I thought was yours.

I chuckled at your description of Yorkies.

Before Molly, I had a little Yorkie that I got from the pound on his last day. On our first walk, while we were getting out of the car, Tommy(who was on leash) backed out of his collar, ran across the parking lot bit a Pit Bull in the butt, ran around to the front and bit the Pit Bull on the cheek, then hung from the Pit Bulls cheek for a while and ran off. This, of course took about two seconds. My daughter made a mad tackle and caught Tommy and ripped her knees to shreds with her diving grab. (any football player would have been proud to have done as well.) After that, Tommy attacked a German Shepherd, a Doberman, a horse, a Bulldog and several others before he finally learned to be more sociable. The dog trainer at Pet Smart said that it was Tommy's defense while he was on his own. He was such a mean little dog that the big dogs would run and not have time to realize that he was really just bite sized.

ROFLMAO!!!!!
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby karla » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:29 pm

Any news on when it will be out? I can't wait!
karla
New Poster
New Poster

Postby karla » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:32 pm

And I just learned from you all that I need to be VERY CAREFUL if giving hydrotherapy to a yorkie! :lol:
karla
New Poster
New Poster

Next

Return to Barbara Sher's Schedule of Events