Teaching

Need a job? Hate the idea of a job? Want some ideas for alternative ways of earning a living? This is your forum.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Teaching

Postby coolprincess » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:45 am

Wish: To find a fulltime teaching job at a school (public or private) in NYC area that allows me to be creative, has room for growth, and provides support to teachers. Obstacle: Recently let go from my job, involved in appeals process to overturn the decision, have less than one year of fulltime teaching experience.
Here to meet and greet!
coolprincess
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: Teaching

Postby MinniePauz » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:20 am

You might have to take something less than full-time until your appeal is settled in your favor. I say that because I'm sure you wouldn't expect to get something if you were at fault for getting fired. Here's some interim ideas that came to mind. You just never know when talking to someone may open up new doors: Adult Education Classes Private tutoring Kind of short on suggestions, but I encourage you to be open-minded.
MinniePauz
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: Teaching

Postby coolprincess » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:24 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. I was let go unjustly but I know I need to figure out how to turn this negative into a positive. I'm open to more ideas if anyone has them. Also, any recommendations of schools that I can look into, I would gladly appreciate it. ~ eunice
Here to meet and greet!
coolprincess
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Jobs & Income Streams