Is anyone here a real estate agent?

Need a job? Hate the idea of a job? Want some ideas for alternative ways of earning a living? This is your forum.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Is anyone here a real estate agent?

Postby mango » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:57 am

Hi all, Does anyone here work (past or present) as a real estate agent? I keep looking for resources that would tell me how much it costs to get started, how much the monthly expenses would be, what to expect as a new agent, how much money I could expect to earn, what the hours are like, etc., but I can't find the information. Any help would be appreciated. I apologize for the barrage of posts regarding all different types of jobs. I'm in a panic.
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Is anyone here a real estate agent?

Postby Unity » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Mango, you might find the info you want here - a site of top 10 women real estate agent bloggers http://blog.sellsiusrealestate.com/resi ... 006/08/08/ Even I got excited when I saw some of the posts about house flipping! :D
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mango » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:01 am

Thanks for the link, Unity. There are some interesting articles! I took an aptitude test offered online by one of the best real estate companies in the area last night, and it said that based on my personality type, I had a very high potential to succeed as a real estate agent. They use the test (Meyers Briggs) to screen out people whose personalities aren't suited (so they don't 'waste their time' interviewing them, I suppose). My test results were completely different than any other time that I've taken the Meyers Briggs test. I thought that was weird. Maybe I'm undergoing a metamorphosis.
'Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how.
We guess. We may be wrong, but we take leap after leap in the dark.'

-- Agnes de Mille
mango
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:32 am

Mango, you ought to do that test with a number of your other job ideas in mind as well as your Veterinarian position e.g. medical transcription, singer, home worker, house organiser etc and then you will know if the test is actuallly revealing anything important or not.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tom_09 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:14 pm

I am a Luxury Arizona Real Estate agent with experience of 15 years in this domain. If you are novice in this domain, you need to charge less additional cost from your clients. Before you start your individual business, it is better to work as assistance of a senior realtor.
Tom_09
New User
New User

Postby Maddie88 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:25 pm

Quite important that one must hire a good real estate agent who can guide you through and help in buying best property depending on your needs and budget. Last month, purchased a new home in Luxury real estate Dove Mountain with the help of a real estate agent.
Maddie88
New User
New User

Return to Jobs & Income Streams