Barbara's Club

Need a job? Hate the idea of a job? Want some ideas for alternative ways of earning a living? This is your forum.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Barbara's Club

Postby Tituba » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:46 am

If you are serious about moving your life forward and taking action, you should join

http://barbarasclub.com/
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Barbara's Club

Postby khimbaLee » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:36 am

I will be joining, shortly. And thanks for the tip.
khimbaLee
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Barbara's Club & Hanging Out

Postby BarbaraSher » Wed May 08, 2013 7:57 am

The charter group has just concluded the first year of Hanging Out with Barbara Sher (it's one of the things we do over at Barbara's Club) and we've launched Year Two. Some stayed back, wanting to go over Year One more carefully because they had a hectic year and hadn't kept up. So many say it changed their lives, and explained how. My problem: I don't know how to describe what we do there.

It's not like anything else I've done, not like my workshops or classes or books, not goal-oriented in any visible way. It's just designed to drop everything that's not you so the original you are can decide how to live the best life. That's not really an explanation, I know. I'll keep trying. :-) But I've never enjoyed doing anything more. That I know for sure.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby GypsyGrrlGuitar » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:08 pm

Silly question maybe but is this an interactive group? I mean is there a social network... Do people interact on a forum like this one or via googlehangouts ?

:)
...the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing..." ____--Jack Kerouac--____
GypsyGrrlGuitar
New Poster
New Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:36 pm

It is indeed interactive, but none of those ways you mention. We talk to each other, rather a lot, via Comments. It's a great community. The first group that joined is in the 30th week of year two, in fact. Coming along every few months is a new group, but they answer even the older comments, the original posters are notified, and a new discussion starts. The whole thing has turned out to be even better than I imagined when I wrote that comment above.

You should get my newsletter. We had a huge discount before Christmas. It's long gone, but word is out and people keep joining all the same. I don't blame them. It's not like anyplace I've ever seen before. (Honest, I'm not the only one saying it! :-) )
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby GypsyGrrlGuitar » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:45 am

Can people still try it out for one month? If so, I think I'd like to sign up.
...the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing..." ____--Jack Kerouac--____
GypsyGrrlGuitar
New Poster
New Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:11 am

Sure. They always could, still can.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby An8el » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:07 pm

I see the reason for the new routine for Barbara's Club membership that has people starting in groups, rather than allowing people to start and go through the process in pairs or singles. Being a part of a group of people who go through the process together is a big addition to the experience, because the members who comment can contribute too. It's a really great experience, because it allows the opportunity to interact personally with Barbara; she takes a personal interest in those who write comments during the two year process that is really touching. Of course, you'll see yourself in the interactions too, even if you're too shy to write. But everyone SHOULD comment if they bother to join!

Is there somewhere on this forum where people who have been experiencing Barbara's Club can gather and interact with each other that I'm missing? I'd love to get a link to that if it already exists. I know we now have a place where Hanging Out members can talk to each other on the phone informally too, (in addition to the teleworkshops with Barbara running the show.)

Barbara and helpers, can we make a spot for us to interact here on the board if it doesn't exist yet?

Maybe since one of the points of gathering has been the "Refuse to Choose" book club, we could use that underused "Refuse to Choose" part of this site? (Although I'll bet that if the Barbara's Club crowd gathered here, others who aren't part of the group would become curious and want to join at a later date. )

I think the suggestion of sending out a notice to everyone in Barbara's club notices where this part of the forum is or would be awesome and helpful to those who want to connect...and also those who get curious and might want to join up at a later date when enrollment is open again.

An8el
An8el
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:15 am

Hi, An8el,

I'm at a place in the loop in HO where not many people are posting (usually only me).

I am going to try to find the sites where people are posting and go there rather than the one where my e-mail links to. It will be a little challenging, but oh, well. I'll give it a try.

I still enjoy the Boards, even though the traffic here isn't very heavy.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:48 am

Hi Elaine

I was doing my usual end-of-the-year project of going through my scraps and notes (the ones that have been sifted through so they're about something, but never acted on) and came upon one that said, "Tell Elaine G."

So I didn't throw it out (a number of times) and now your post has reminded me to send it.

Thought you might find it interesting. (I did look this one up, and spent some time at the site). Here you go.

WATTPAD.COM

(I think I'll go over and look at it again myself!)
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi Elaine

I did and it was confusing, so I went looking on Google for the article I had read a few months ago. Found a different one but it seems to be about the self-publishing aspect, anyway:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/booksb ... fic-retail
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:31 pm

Thanks, Barbara,

I'll check it out in a minute.

Things are finally going well (I hope) after much complaining, hair-pulling, and $%^$#^%#%$#^!!!!!
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:19 pm

Hi, Barbara,

Yes, I'm very interested in the post. I did The Molly Chronicles through CreateSpace. It used to be that CreateSpace only provides work to Amazon and Kindle, (and, of course) CreateSpace. Now, they make work available to other channels. Sounds Good - Right????? BUT the cost of the book almost doubles if you use the other channels. So I'd like to find someone else who will publish for free and make The Molly Chronicles available to Barnes & Noble, i-phones, Nook, and other aps.

It really is almost done. My proofs will arrive on Wednesday next week. I only found one mistake in the reviewer- a paragraph that should have been tabbed and wasn't. I may leave it in - only God is perfect. Also, the time before last that I tried to make a few minor changes - and I do mean minor - I couldn't upload the file any more, had to redo twenty photographs, and was a nervous wreck.

Oh, also, some of the lines that should have been centered ended up on the left side instead - and my copy had them centered. I don't know how to fix this, and I'm not going to try.

I hope I can donate some books to Eileen's website. I hope it's not too late.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Jobs & Income Streams