The $100 Hour - Income Stream Ideas

Need a job? Hate the idea of a job? Want some ideas for alternative ways of earning a living? This is your forum.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Postby scottjs » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:43 pm

heavensong, I have been walking around on the planet for a long time!! That ought to qualify me for something. I am going to go check out your suggestion. Thanks!!!
scottjs
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby scottjs » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:51 pm

Well thanks for the ideas!! I am toying with the idea of makeing a little booklet that tells you how to be poor in 30 days!!! Every book around tells you how much money you can make! But buy my book and within 30 days I can have you liveing in a dirt field behind a fire station! Am I the only one amused by this idea???
scottjs
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby urbanpioneer » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:06 pm

Scott, you are a man, right? We were having this discussion the other day at my quilting group. The one problem these women (mostly widows) seem to have is having to take cars in to a mechanic and get them fixed without feeling like they are being patronized or ripped off. If they had a man who knew enough to talk his way around an engine who could pick up their car and take it to the garage and determine that the said repairs were reasonable and necessary, and get the repairs ordered, it would be worth something to them. By the way, this seems to be about the only thing they miss about their husbands. Call the business \"Rent a Husband\" or \"Macho for Hire\"
urbanpioneer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:36 am

Hey, hey. A customer of mine bought one of these and it is great http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/comp ... /s500.html It turns your receipts, papers, recipes etc. into PDFs at 18 sheets per minute! It even scans business cards into your Outlook Contacts. Amazon is selling it for $419. So, I was thinking with all the clutter out there, maybe offer it as a business? Go into people's homes, small businesses' and scan their files etc., turn them into PDFs, copy them to CDs for backup. Now, what to charge.....
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Cool site full of actual practical money ideas

Postby sparrowhawk » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:08 pm

Here is a website full of bright ideas (and no ripoffs, what a concept!) on how to get a little bit of money for oneself sooner than later. Actual, practical information. I am about the biggest money skeptic around. I completely, utterly DO NOT LIKE anything resembling \"make you rich fast!\" schemes in any form. The info on this site utterly actually cleared MY nearly-impenetrable bull***t filter. :) http://www.hardtofindseminars.com/Audioclips_Fast_Cash.htm No one gets to pay for my opinions. :) Hope this helps someone...
"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes."
sparrowhawk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Koi Carp » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:44 am

ADMINISTRATOR - paragraphs advertising site and business have been deleted. This board does not allow advertising or promoting. Also, this post was moved to New Users.
Koi Carp
New User
New User

Postby Tituba » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:01 pm

Companies that employ home workers to answer their customer service phone: liveops.com westathome.com repsforrent.com arise.com workingsolutions.com acddirect.com alpineaccess.com jetblue.com jcrew express jet 1-800-flowers About.com guides write articles or reviews in their area of expertise. They earn approx. $725 a month. See beaguide.about.com Chacha.com - click on "become a guide"
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:25 am

From Merk's post: Pictures of stores for Google http://www.google.com/services/local-bu ... epfaq.html basically, you go into a store, note down their info: hours, payment methods etc and snap a few pictures of the store. Google then has this information come up on google maps etc. you get $2 for every store you submit to google plus another $8 if the store verifies the information you submit by either responding to a postcard google sends them, or verifies the info online. So potentially, $10 for each store you visit. If you live in a moderately developed area, you could potentially make a nice chunk of change for a few hours of work. Pick some place with lots of stores clumped together and you can hit them all in a day From Tituba If I were going to do this (which I'm not), I'd draw up a form with the address, hours, owner's name etc. and have them sign off on it at the time the photo was taken. Then submit the photo with the form. Just a thought, but if you are going to go to the effort of going around taking pictures of local businesses and get the details of when they are open etc., you could, at the same time, create a local business directory, sell advertising and publish it for the community. Throw in a couple of recipes from local restaurants, some success stories from businesses that have been there a long time - get press coverage - nice income stream. Plus a bit of money from Google.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

sell old sheet music as poster art

Postby vivsim » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:20 am

Here's a nice idea. Antique sheet music doesn't go for very much, but if it's sold as poster art in a frame maybe people would like the interesting cover art. I have a huge collection from my great aunt. it's brittle but in a frame it would be nice. I was thinking of selling them for about $20 with a simple frame. Besides ebay and craigslist where else could I market them? Online would be nice, to just add cost of shipping from home.
vivsim
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Mogget » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:08 am

elan wrote:Arsinoe, You say starting an art gallery seems overwhelming to you. I can totally understand that. But, it does seem like it's the right thing for you to be working toward. It sounds like it suits you perfectly. What about starting with buying works way too cheap from beginning artists with real talent. I know buying things cheap feels wrong. But, they're just starting. If you have some good work to sell at a profit, you can advertise it, make money, and grow.
I know that here in Melbourne many many cafe's and hairdressers even have local art on the walls with discreet plaques with the artist's name and the price of the piece. Perhaps you could start out as an Agent - get a nice portable folio of Artist's work (they have to provide it, something with high quality color images of their work)- approaching places like this with a selection of artists to enhance their establishment. You could then get a commission of the sales - or, as one local gallery does - be "paid" with a piece of your choice from the works that do not sell this builds you a collection which you can later exhibit and sell in your own gallery). The advantage is that these exhibitions are usually much longer lasting, usually free - an lots of artists don't really know how to approach people for this, can feel rejected because it is their art, or are unwilling to approach places that don't yet have art (when they are the ones who most need it). You could just fix people up with whatever they like best... It would be a neat virtually free way to start, and would build you a great network.
Mogget
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Mogget » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:12 am

*Help people write resumes (I always hated writing mine) *Prepare students for University entrance interviews *Coach students with Exam anxiety Be A Storytelling Fairy for children's parties - or read Harry Potter highlights in costume. Wash people's outside windows (no one wants to do that job!) Clean gutters (on roofs) Rattle a tin for a charity cause (usually pay daily) Sell the Big Issue Draw Caricatures or fifteen minute portraits in shopping centres Pet sit exotics animals while their owner's are on vacation (anyone can feed the cat, but who do you entrust your bird eating spider to?) Set up a booth so people can have their pet's photo taken with "Santa" - and use them as christmas cards Specialize in taking pet portraits in people's homes - I'd pay for a really great shot of my beautiful critters. Offer photography to the fringe element - there are people out there who'd LOVE a professional/artistic picture of their tattoos/piercings/posed with their spider/snake/scorpion, dressed up in their goth costumery/ to commemorate their suspension etc. A card or flier left in Tat parlors, piecing studio's etc and the could come to your home for the shoot. Okay, for the suspension you would have to go to them... Very very hard to find non-judgemental, unfreaked out folks who can really make these things as beautiful in imagery as they feel to their fans all the time. Develop World of Warcraft characters, earn all the XPs and then sell them to geek wannabees with no time. Make perfumes form essential oils in a Vodka base and sell small bottles. Make an essential oil remedy for sunburn ( I don't remember what it was just that it WORKED!!!!) and put into small spritzer bottles of chilled distilled water. Put bottles in a cooler bag and take to sell at sporting events where everyone takes too much sun... Buy funky/designer clothes from Op Shop's on the cheap and sell on the Recycled Fashion Boutiques, (or the Ubiquitous eBay) Take a Lolley-Trolley (sweets/snacks) around to big office buildings and wheel 'em past the ever hungry ever bored cubicle bound occupants. Yo can buy the sweets in huge bulk bags. Bag em up small and sell at a really good profit. Water office/company pot plants and maintain them. Offer a store a full sidewalk master piece in front of their store to attract customers. Run people's garage sales for them (I have been paid for this!) Clean and maintain people's Aquariums (LARGE ones - like you see in Hotels and so on) you can make 50-100 per tank doing this, and they need to be maintained at least monthly. Organize a Sausage Sizzle/Pancake Day/ Cake stall ************** Also, for those interested in being paid to do Market Research. Here in Oz this is usually advertised in the local newspapers, and in the job sections of the major papers - under self employment opportunities maybe.... You can also look up in the yellow pages Market Research companies in your area, call them and ask to be added to their Qualitative Research database. usually they will have a particular demographic requirement for each piece of research, so you won't always be suitable, and they usually don't want you to participate more than every 6 months, so join as many as you can! *************** With the Art Gallery tour thing... for permanent exhibits you could make a pod-cast type thingy taking a tour and explaining the art etc. Each piece would be a new track, so people could just pause and drink it in.
Mogget
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Mogget » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:13 pm

More ideas- Breed cockroaches, meal worms and crickets (easy to do and doesn't take much room, can be done in a garden shed) and sell them on to aquariums and pet food stores or direct market to herpetologists. You can also turn a profit by supplying frozen rats to snake owners. You buy in bulk from med labs and charge us poor reptile lovers an arm and a leg. I often pay more than fifteen dollars for frozen rats. Pound for pound they are more expensive than prime steak. I know buying direct from a lab is only about $2-4, but they won't deal in small quantities. {and trying to carry 50 frozen rats on the public transport is traumatic to all invloved!}
Mogget
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Tituba » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:08 am

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:14 am

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:15 pm

You can run errands for people for money. This site is alot like elance. http://www.domystuff.com/main.php?cmd=features
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Jobs & Income Streams