Teachers

Need a job? Hate the idea of a job? Want some ideas for alternative ways of earning a living? This is your forum.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Teachers

Postby Arty » Thu Apr 26, 2001 7:39 am

Georgia is starting a new program to give college graduates (non-education majors) a one-month crash course and hiring them at $30,000 as teachers. There is also a website for a national program for one-year internships for college graduates to become teachers.
Arty
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby beachwalker » Sun Apr 29, 2001 2:52 pm

Arty tell me more about this program in Georgia ? I am searching for alternatives as always !!luv to teach history or art classes to elementary kids
beachwalker
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Arty » Sun Apr 29, 2001 3:27 pm

beachwalker, The local newspapers and tv and radio announced the one month crash course early this week. The lines were flooded with calls, both by people interested in doing it, and by a lot of people who are upset about it, especially teachers. So, they are not giving out any more info right now, but say they will give out announcements soon. All they said so far is that you would have to have a bachelor's degree and have to pass a basic intelligence test. Of course, you would have to teach in Georgia, preferably in a rural area. The Teachers for America program has a website, can't find it right now, which was mentioned by someone else a few weeks ago. This requires a year-long internship.
Arty
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby beachwalker » Mon Apr 30, 2001 4:53 am

Thanks! my sis said she saw it in the paper and will get me a copy ---let me know if you here any more
beachwalker
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby robinsimons » Sun May 06, 2001 7:45 pm

Well in Chicago, if you want to teach math in grade 6-8 you should contact Dr. KAthryn Chval at chval@uic.edu - apparently there is a special school/work program. Robin
robinsimons
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Jobs & Income Streams