Personal Chef

Need a job? Hate the idea of a job? Want some ideas for alternative ways of earning a living? This is your forum.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Personal Chef

Postby BarbaraSher » Sat Oct 27, 2001 12:22 pm

I just lifted this from a topic in Wishes and Obstacles because it looked so useful. Re marketing, it occurs to me one could wander the halls of corporations -- the way those people do who offer gifts-to-buy for people too busy to shop -- and give them a Zabar\'s-like freezer bag with a week or two worth of frozen dinners in them. You could make some money selling them their first freezer bad, or give it away for a 6-month contract or something... posted October 16, 2001 09:39 AM                You\'ll of course want to do some research, but I suspect that the target market for personal chef services will be professionals in dual-income households with high discretionary income - probably $100K+. Whether you stress exotic foods or home-style comfort foods will in part depend on whether your target market will be mostly DINKs (double income-no kids) or families. Kids are less likely to be adventurous with food than adults, who tend to have more sophisticated palates. Personal chef service buyers would probably have some overlap with grocery delivery services like Peapod so you might want to check out their 10-K report to see if there is any market information that could help you. There are also some professional associations for professional chefs that might be able to give you more information. Also, each has a member directory so people who are looking for a personal chef can find one in their area. (http://www.personalchef.com, www.uspca.com, and www.canadianpersonalchef.com) posted October 16, 2001 10:56 AM                Hi Oscar, Katchal has some good advice and links. I\'ve gone through the archives and current boards at the APCA (http://www.personalchef.com), and there is a LOT of information for you there! I will probably try to order the tapes from them or attend a seminar after the first of the year. But even if you don\'t join, they are a wonderful group of people to have for support and asking questions.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Jobs & Income Streams