I will be in Italy 1st 2 wks in August -- contacts? suggest

Se desideri discutere i miei libri e/o appoggiare qualsiasi altro sogno, in italiano, allora questo ?

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba, Pembeh

I will be in Italy 1st 2 wks in August -- contacts? suggest

Postby SusanP » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:50 pm

Hello I will be around Florence the 1st week up to Lucca Sienna to Cinque Terra -- any Sher contacts I could connect with? Or suggestions of places to visit Thanks so much! Susan P in Boston
SusanP
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby jcjm » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:27 pm

I saw a picture on Webshots titled VAL DI FUNES which is supposedly in northern Italy. Looked prettty nice. I would be interested in hearing anything about your trip, as I am hoping to go sometime next year. Most of the people I know have been to Rome and more of the southern areas. I think I would like to see the areas north of Tuscany and Venice. Seems like a totally different place than southern Italy, with the mountains and all.
jcjm
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SusanP » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:39 am

Hi -- Thanks for the comment -- I recently returned and abolutely LOVED it! We were around Florence, Tuscany, Assisi, Lucca and Cinque Terre. We certainly can learn alot about the pace of life and relationship to dining -- the original slow dining movement. It certainly recharged my creative juices! Susan
SusanP
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby sgoldie » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:40 am

Susan, Glad to hear you had a really great time. I was told that practically the entire country takes the month of August off for vacation. Yeah, slow dining is the way to go, anything less is merely eating. Hope you got my message that my son had finished his project there and was home by the time you went over. Here's a funny story he relayed to me about being over there-- Upon reaching the local lunch deli at noon time to get something to eat he found a sign posted by the owner that read \"Gone home for lunch will be back at 2PM\". The owner closes up his own lunch counter to eat at home with his family every day. Regards, Sallie
sgoldie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Italian Forum (Discussioni in italiano)