Hornhardt

(Diskussionen auf Deutsch)

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Hornhardt

Postby PeterH » Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:55 pm

greetings from Australia. I have no German but hope someone can give me advise on tracing my family name back to Germany. ------------------ Peter-Melbourne-Australia
PeterH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Gudrun Schwarzer » Tue Nov 05, 2002 2:14 pm

Hello Peter, the name sounds German. I looked in the telephone book of Osnabrück (medium city, 150.000 inhabitants) but there is not one person with this name! Greetings from Gudrun
Gudrun Schwarzer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby PeterH » Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:28 pm

thankyou, Our ancestor came to Australia in the early 1800 from Germany. i am seeking help in finding out how to contact the government centre for births,deaths and marriages. ------------------ Peter-Melbourne-Australia
PeterH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Koshka » Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:53 am

Hi peter, did you try http://www.familysearch.org/? If you have a Name of an ancestor, you may find it there. Or try the German Genealogy Server at http://www.genealogienetz.de/. Maybe they can put you in contact with someone or an organisation who can help you. Greetings Koshka
Koshka
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Regina » Wed Nov 06, 2002 4:28 am

Hi Peter, take a look at http://www.dastelefonbuch.de and search for your name - there are 46 entries! Perhaps one or another telephone call will help? Good luck! Regina
Regina
New Poster
New Poster

Postby PeterH » Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:01 pm

thankyou, yes about 40+ in Germany,...ancestor was Henry Paul Hornhardt born in Bremen 1818...now i need to find out how to get government records about him. ------------------ Peter-Melbourne-Australia
PeterH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby chris2007 » Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:50 am

Hello, around that time you are researching the church only kept birth / death / marriage registers. You would not find anything at the government. For the church records you would need to know about the local community and religion. I found once distant relatives by sending christmas e-mails to all persons with similar names. There are e-mail registers available on the web. You may also just check google and try to send christmas greetings. Good luck!
chris2007
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Hornhardt

Postby jphendo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi, If you visit http://www.familyhistorysa.info/shippin ... lists.html, you will find a search engine, and Henry Paul Hornhardt appears with this information: HORNHARDT Henry Paul arrived by 1836-12-31 [Source:7,20,23(1)]. Also, visiting www.coraweb.com.au gives you links to government departments and other websites for family history research. You will most likely find him in South Australia.
jphendo
New User
New User

Postby jphendo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:01 am

I just realized you probably want German records ... oops! Anyway, you might find coraweb useful.
jphendo
New User
New User

Postby gawlerriver » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi! Peter
I have just come across your post re Henry Hornhardt and perhaps by now you have got all the information you need.
I have been doing research for a history book I hope to write and there will be a reference to Henry in that as he was involved with the district I am writing about giving land for the building of a school - but I need a bit more info on him. I have his date of arrival and marriage in South Australia and a few places where he lived or owned land but I need to know his connection to why our district was named Lewiston. If you have not progressed re marriage details I can give you those and I hope to be able to view this at State Records. Hope we can help each other. Cheers Anne
South Australia
gawlerriver
New User
New User

Return to German Forum