About Gertrude Bell, Explorer...

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

About Gertrude Bell, Explorer...

Postby MDG » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:06 am

Tonight we watched History Television's 'Women Adventurers'. The film "Desert Explorer: Gertrude Bell" was narrated by Ann Medina, TV journalist, who was raised in New York City. I was so impressed I thought I'd try to track down a copy for you, Barbara, but I couldn't find a mention of it. Probably it's too new. You've likely got lots of material on Gertrude, in any case, but this film was so believable I thought you'd enjoy it. I'll keep looking. Mahara
Last edited by MDG on Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

peace pilgrim

Postby maisie » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:51 am

Hi Mahara, Just became aware of another interesting and courageous woman. She called herself Peace Pilgrim. If you would like to find out a bit about her the site to check is: http://www.peacepilgrim.net Cheers, Maisie
maisie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Mags » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:29 am

Hi Try the BBC archives - they made a great documentary film about Gertrude Bell a few years ago http://www.BBC.co.uk Margaret
Mags
New User
New User

Gertrude Bell

Postby Avi Hathor, M. S. » Wed May 31, 2006 9:22 am

I recently read an article about Gertrude Bell. It was a re-evaluation of her contributions to Middle Eastern archaeology. She and Lady Hester Stanhope, and one more I can't think of at the moment were outstanding in this field. I will have to look it up if anyone is interested, I think it was in BAR - Biblical Archaeological Review. Her books, which I have not read, should be very interesting. I am glad to see someone is interested in such people.
Avi Hathor, M. S., M. F. A. "If you are an artist you fashion a peculiarly personal gift, the justification of your own heroic identity, which means that it is always aimed at least partly over the heads of your fellow men." -- Ernest Becker
Avi Hathor, M. S.
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Return to French Forum