French Romance Novels

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

French Romance Novels

Postby katchal » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:51 pm

I have several hundred French romance novels (new, never-read) that I'd like to donate to a worthy cause - preferably in the Washington, DC area. Our local libraries refuse to stock books in French - their only foreign language books are in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese. The Alliance Francaise won't accept them either since they weren't originally published in French. (If their rude, snooty librarian had any knowledge about the French book market or had ever read Livres Hebdo (the French equivalent of Publishers' Weekly), she'd realize that about 60% of the bestsellers in France are translations of US and UK books in English and another 10% are translations from other languages!) In any case, I gotta get rid of these books and would like to have a tax deduction in exchange for them. Any ideas?
katchal
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby NT » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:23 am

How about approaching some rehabilitation centers or senior homes who have libraries for their residents, they may be able to provide tax receipts...social clubs too or adult language schools...
NT
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: French Romance Novels

Postby sennsu » Tue May 19, 2009 5:23 am

I live in Arlington, VA and am looking for French romance novels for my husband, who enjoys reading them just to get colloquial French language practice. I know I'm not helping with the tax deduction part but I would be interested in buying some of your books. My name is Susan Senn and my email address is sennsu@verizon.net
sennsu
New User
New User

Postby katchal » Sat May 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Sennsu, Thanks so much for your interest. Unfortunately, a few months ago I finally got tired of tripping over the boxes of books in the garage, set up a special website, ran some Google ads and sold them all in grab bag lots of 5, 10, and 25 assorted books. I only made about $1000, but it nicely cleaned out my garage. Wish I'd thought about doing that 5 years ago!
katchal
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby kaye » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:19 pm

That a good idea . How about you go to some public libraries or ask them where can you donate them.
kaye
New User
New User

Postby katchal » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:23 pm

The library wouldn't take them.
katchal
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby enogenie » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:43 pm

What are some good lesbian romance novels? I have read a few, like Curious Wine, but the others I find are almost always angsty in some way. I want to curl up in a chair and read a sappy lesbian novel that resembles the hundreds of selections in the heterosexual Romance section. I want that feel-good lovey feeling too!
New User

Return to French Forum