Sales of Kilims?

If you want to help with Barbara's dream of teaching e-commerce to village weavers in central Turkey, check in here.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Sales of Kilims?

Postby Moonracer » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:59 am

You all may already know about this, but I thought I'd mention it just in case you don't. There is an organization called "Ten Thousand Villages" that supports fair trade in third world countries. Their website is: http://www.tenthousandvillages.com I know of two stores in ritzy Chicago suburbs that sell this merchandise (you can buy via Web or at shops). At least once a year they have well-advertised home shows for hand-made rugs. That's why I thought of the Kilim project. While they may not be a perfect match, they may be able to offer some help. Maybe there is a way to share shipping costs or get bulk rates on materials, etc. Just a suggestion.
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Fastalaskan » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:12 pm

Hi Moonracer, They're not buying any more products at this time. I contacted them. I'm just letting you we followed through and thanks for the link. It helped when I was trying to come up with some information to add to the ebay links. It has information on Fair Trade. I feel like I should suggest to them that they provide a platform for other small non-profits even though they're not buying anything. Why don't they let their website be a venue? I'm going to suggest it to them.
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for." -- John Lubbock
Fastalaskan
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Kilim Women