Dreaming of a miniature replica of the village

If you want to help with Barbara's dream of teaching e-commerce to village weavers in central Turkey, check in here.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Postby Unity » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:34 am

One of my hobbies is miniature modelling. This is a mixture of diarama/railway/dolls house 1/12 scale/social history. If you wanted this done cheaply as opposed to hiring professional model makers - you could look for people that are interested in the hobbies mentioned above. You could email online clubs and ask if anyone were willing to work on a joint project. There are many magazines on this subject, the ones I buy are international. You could write a letter and ask the readers to help. Is there a railway in the area you wish to depict? Then you could appeal to all the railway enthusiasts. I've seen some fantastic miniature villages based on foreign landscapes. The railway modellers that are interested in garden railways are the ones that make much bigger models than normal, the sort of scale that I imagine you are looking for. Let me know if you need any other help. Good luck with this project.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Kilim Women