JANUARY IN ORTAHISAR, and ANKARA !!!

If you want to help with Barbara's dream of teaching e-commerce to village weavers in central Turkey, check in here.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

JANUARY IN ORTAHISAR, and ANKARA !!!

Postby MDG » Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:37 am

Dearest Angel, We are very proud of you. And we are very happy for you. We are glad you made a friend, too. I wish I could see you at school. I will search for pictures of Ankara on the Internet. This is a wonderful time of your life. Enjoy every minute! Love, MDG
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby angel » Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:15 pm

Hi MDG, Thank you for your good think for me.I hope everything will be good. I will try to write to you everyday.What I do. Much Love See you Angel
angel
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby bluelilac » Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:05 am

Angel you are doing a good thing. Tell us about your days when you have time between studying and learning. This is wonderful! I am glad you like your teacher. This is a good way to start the adventure I think. Bye for now. Bluelilac.
bluelilac
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby angel » Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:04 pm

Hello Blue, Thank you!!! My course is very well.I tried my friend and teacher.We learnt "have and have got" and present continuous tense . See you soon Angel
angel
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Stray Cat » Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:14 pm

Merhaba Angel and MDG and Blue and anyone else who is reading, I worked hard today. I taught three classes (English and Spanish). I walked on the beach. It was soooooo cold and windy! Tell us about your life in Ankara. What time do you start classes? Where do you eat lunch? Are your feet cold in Ankara, too? Stray Cat
Stray Cat
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby angel » Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:20 pm

Hello Stray Cat and Everyone, I understood to you. My life is the same I study my lesson .... I move out of house at 9:15 AM.My course starts at 10:00 AM.It finish at 12:50 PM.Someday we have conversations lesson or we watch to film. I eat lunch in course canteen or I go outside then I eat something. My feet doesn't cold now But The weather is cold here everyday. Angel
angel
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:09 pm

Hi Angel! Remzi and Sulbiye just arrived here in NY tonight with all the gorgeous kilim pillow covers and handbags and Yorkie Coats!!! and the long kilim too, It's *so* beautiful, Angel! But just having them here made me miss all of you and want to come back to Turkey to see you. I hope you're doing well and I am very happy your feet aren't cold anymore! Warmest regards from yr Big Boss
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby angel » Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:02 am

Hello Dearest Barbara, You are like kilim's different piece.I am very happy. I hope we can start to sell this kilim pillow or bag or dogcoat.Job cords women made good job.I think. Thank you!!! Your warmest regards I felt this I miss to you and our all time. Take care Your director
angel
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Stray Cat » Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:03 am

Dear Angel It is very very cold here. We do not have water in our house today. All the water froze in the pipes. What did you learn in English class today? Are you happy? Do you miss Ortahisar? I think that your birthday is tomorrow. --Stray Cat
Stray Cat
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby angel » Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:53 am

Hello Stray Cat, I understand to you.Ankara is better than yesterday.It's snowly yesterday. This is very badly for you If your water don't come few days and Weather will be cold and cold then water will freeze much. I hope Your water come now.Because Everything will be hard. We learnt to present continious tense,future tense(going to/will),present simple tense,past simple tense,may/might, adverbs,Country adjectives,comparatives,superlatives, so....that,such.....that,like, as....as,too/enough and vocabularys... Last Friday We was quiz and quiz's highest point is 50.My quiz result point is 45. and our class going to be quiz tomorrow.I hope my quiz result better. I am happy.Thank you. I don't miss Ortahisar ImageBecause I go to Ortahisar weekend for look to our work.I arrive from Ankara on Saturday morning and I come to Ankara on Sunday evening. My birtday is on 25th January. Thank you for you don't forgot my birtday. See you soon Angel
angel
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby MDG » Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:29 am

Dear Angel, I think I should go back to school. I have forgotten all the rules of writing good English! Soon you will be able to tell me where I make mistakes! I don't mind. I am very proud of you. You will be home with your family on your birthday. That is wonderful. Thinking of you, and wishing you more good marks on your quiz. - MDG
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MDG » Sat Jan 25, 2003 11:57 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANGEL!!! I am singing for you, I am dancing for you. Hooray for our sweet lady - director - student - loving daughter - and very good friend. Live long, prosper, do great things, and be very, very happy, dear Angel. Love, Mahara P.S. I know it is nearly 9:00 p.m. Ortahisar time, and I am so sorry to be late in the day, but the computer couldn't find Barbara's bulletin board. Some thing was wrong, and something is wrong with my computer! I couldn't send you an e-mail because there is a 'computer worm' in here! I don't want you to catch it. When it is fixed, I will send you a nice red rose, and say Hello from all your bulletin board friends. I wonder if they, too, couldn't get on the bulletin boards. Maybe that is why we were all so quiet on your birthday. Love, M.
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Vict » Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:58 pm

Yes, Angel -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I was also having trouble getting onto this Bulletin Board earlier today There is a birthday tradition in the United States, a special cake with very small candles on it. Usually one candle for each year for a child's birthday. To do that at my age (43 years) would make more fire than cake!! Image If you make a wish, and then blow out all the candles in one try, your birthday wish will happen. Do you have a birthday tradition in Turkye that you like? There is also a very silly song that I would like to sing for you, but it is better for everybody's ears if I write it for you: <B>Put another candle on my birthday cake Come on and take Some birthday cake Put another candle on my birthday cake I'm another year old today We'll have some pie And sandwiches And chocolate ice cream, too We'll sing and play The day away And one more thing I'm going to do I'll blow out the candles on my birthday cake And when I do, A wish I'll make Put another candle on my birthday cake I'm another year old today!</B> All of my best wishes to you for today, and for your school and future! We are all so happy for you and proud of you! Victoria [This message has been edited by Vict (edited January 25, 2003).]
Vict
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby angel » Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:42 pm

Hello Everyone, Thank you!!! Your good wish for me.I had read these letter I am very happy. My birtday was very good.My friends come my house my friends send to message my mobil phone.everyone remembered my birtday and I was very happy. But I am thinking sometime this I am growold Image Victoria , We buy special cake with very small candles on it,We have this tradition.But I used only 5 candle Because I am 23 years old. P.S I came in Ankara 7:30 PM I came house and I took a bath now I am writing to you this letter and I will go to bed.I am sorry. See you soon Angel
angel
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby MDG » Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:17 pm

Sleep well, Angel. And, please promise me - do not think of being 'older', for another fifty birthdays! Sometimes we think we are just standing still, and our lives are not happening very quickly. But we are wrong! Every day something more is happening very quietly. You have some wonderful surprises coming. You will see. Later, tell us about your quiz. Have a good week, too. Mahara
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Next

Return to Kilim Women