June in Ortahisar

If you want to help with Barbara's dream of teaching e-commerce to village weavers in central Turkey, check in here.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

June in Ortahisar

Postby MDG » Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:15 pm

Hi, dear Angel and Sultan! How are you? Are you studying for exams? Working in the garden? Weaving beautiful kilims? I think of you every day, and send you good wishes. I saw some pictures of Ortahisar, and the picnic. Angel, you were dancing beside the car! You looked very happy. I also saw the way to Ankara and school. Does the road follow the river? My map isn't very good but I could see the river clearly. I am doing lots of typing on the computer. And one of our sons is coming with his wife and our grandson. The little one is 1 1/2 years old now, and we are looking forward to seeing him. Be well, lovely ladies, and tell us what you are doing, when you have time. - MDG
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby angel » Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:02 am

Hello Dearest MDG, I'm fine.last week I spend my time Ortahisar.We talked to about some different piece with kilim. I hope so when you will see this piece you like that.Now.I'm in Ankara.I am going to go to Ortahisar again.I study english.My exams very well.I passed my computer exam.My result is very well.I'm very about that. Absolutely,I will come back to Ortahisar on 21 June.I will finish all study in Ankara. Ankara road follow lake. I think; You see this lake This lake name is Salt Lake.we need a salt we use this salt. Much Love Angel
angel
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby MDG » Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:51 pm

Dear Angel and Sultan, I am thinking of you every day. Tomorrow we have Father's Day. This is the day we remember to thank our fathers for their love and help. We have a meal with them, and give them a greeting card, and sometimes a present. We also like to take our fathers somewhere pleasant that they enjoy. Mother's Day is on a Sunday in May. This is the busiest day for telephone calls in the whole year, as people call their mothers who are far away. Are you close to your final exams, Angel? I know you will do very well. You are one smart cookie! Image Love, - MDG
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby angel » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:39 pm

Hello MDG, I came back to Ortahisar on Wednesday evening. I got english and computer certificates. I came here and we talked to weavers about kilim and we prepared Barbara's house for volunteer and This evening three women have come in Ortahisar.One women came in Ortahisar last summer.They are very nice. Much Love Angel
angel
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby angel » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:42 pm

Hello MDG, I came back to Ortahisar on Wednesday evening. I got english and computer certificates. I came here and we talked to weavers about kilim and we prepared Barbara's house for volunteer and This evening three women have come in Ortahisar.One women came in Ortahisar last summer.They are very nice. Much Love Angel
angel
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby MDG » Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:53 pm

~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ You did it, dear Angel, you did it! You got your certificates for passing your courses! Hooray! Hooray! I feel like dancing a jig! Congratulations! I am so proud of you, sweet lady. And, you have visitors! I see pictures of Ortahisar in my mind. The gardens are growing. People are busy. Maybe there is a picnic. I see a beautiful day, and a happy Angel. - MDG
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby angel » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:31 am

Thanks MDG, I did it but I didn't see and I tried again. I have visitors and they are very good women.Today I was taken weavers by video camera.I was tried it first time. Yes,people are busy.Gardens work a lot of. See you Angel
angel
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby knitter » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:31 am

Angel made a beautiful video of the weavers while we were visiting her in Ortahisar. She learned to edit the video on a laptop computer and posted it on the Kilimwomen weblog on June 27. (http://weblog.kilimwomen.com) You can hear the sound of hands on the warp and see how quickly the weavers hands move. Two friends and I had a wonderful visit. Angel lives in one of the most beautiful places in the world, I think. I kept a journal while I was there, and will post my entries to my weblog (http://www.elizabethperry.com/woolgathering) every day for the next week or so.
knitter
New Poster
New Poster

Postby angel » Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:57 am

Hello Everyone, Do you see video on the weblog? We made first video with Knitter and her friend.We had a good time.But now, We miss to them. I think You have to see first video about how kilim weave. See you soon Angel
angel
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:55 pm

I saw it, Angel! It's just fantastic. How exciting that you can post videos!
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MDG » Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:20 am

I saw the video, too, Barbara. And I posted a comment that we could hear if anyone decided to speak, or sing! Wouldn't it be wonderful to hear their voices all the way from Turkiye?! I would be happy to hear them speaking in Turkish or English. If Angel or Sultan posted here, in this forum, in Turkish, then I am sure we could find an on-line dictionary to translate their words into English. When I told Ray that you were planning a living museum, with all your other works and the hospitality of Ortahisar, he said, "Let's go." He meant that we should go live there. He loves new places, and has travelled all his life. A few more income streams, and we could swing it! Oh, my goodness, the things my husband says have a way of coming true! You are very much alike in that characteristic. Can't you just see Ray and Crazy Ali exchanging stories! - Image -
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Kilim Women