Shipping the kilims

If you want to help with Barbara's dream of teaching e-commerce to village weavers in central Turkey, check in here.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri May 28, 2004 2:48 pm

Woe. A trip to nearby Avanos and a visit to the DHL store shows the numbers on the internet are oh so wrong and we are stuck once again. (Think $75 to mail 4 pounds to the U.S.) Back to hauling them in with each trip.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Vict » Fri May 28, 2004 3:45 pm

Curses! Foiled again!
Vict
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri May 28, 2004 11:58 pm

and thanks, Vict, for your lovely response to Hatice's entrance into e-commerce 101 via adding names to the mailing list. I don't think anyone else answered. Her letter was so touching I would have given her my paypal password if I wasn't already here and dipping into it anyway. Well, at least no one has objected so far. I think she stays up late into the night on this project. I should open a new topic for the new plan -- to bring in enough money to pay for four health insurance policies (and they are *pricey*) via bringing a very small number of weaving students to the village (and my house).
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MDG » Sat May 29, 2004 5:44 pm

Hi, Angel and Barbara, I replied to your mail list invitation on May 26th. It was sent to the e-mail address Hatice gave. I hope you got it. I'll send it again, if you wish. Perhaps some people replied to your NY address, Barbara. I am so happy to hear that Hatice earned good marks at school! That's wonderful news. But, we could see that both Hatice and Sultan are smart cookies from their good work here. :D Do you shear your own wool?!!! Wow! I wish I could be there. Maybe I could ask Lions International about shipping costs. The Turkish clubs are very active internationally. I'll see what I can find out. My best to everyone, Mahara
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Kilim Women