Happy 2004!

If you want to help with Barbara's dream of teaching e-commerce to village weavers in central Turkey, check in here.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Happy 2004!

Postby MDG » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:39 pm

Dear Angel, Sultan, Weavers, and everyone in Ortahisar, I think of you often and I wish you all a very happy year in 2004. May all your happiest wishes come true. - MDG (Oh dear, I haven't visited the weblog for a while. I'll go there now.) M.
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MDG » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:24 am

All of your weblog pictures are so beautiful! And, every kilim piece, and your dolls, are beautiful, too. I very much like that you photograph the finished pieces against the stone steps. Those pictures show the colours and warmth of the kilim pieces very well. But, there was a surprise for me in your Cicek picture on November 13. The sun was shining across the kilim! Your yarns shine! They look so silky! This is another beautiful way to photograph the kilims. I am so happy to see you teaching computers and English to the girls, Angel. English is my language, and I hope you all find it not very difficult. I have been told that English has many exceptions to the 'rules'. Oh dear! You are so brave to try! That is a very beautiful arch, where you are holding your classes. North Americans would love to have arches like that in their buildings. I also love the picture of the weaver by the window. That picture looks like a fine painting. She must be very proud to have that picture go into the history of Ortahisar. (Too much translating, MDG! I know, I know. Image ) I just want you to know I admire your work. And I admire you all. Happy 2004! - MDG
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Kilim Women