Sharing a mutual "Barbara" experience

Kudos for Barbara's workshops, audio programs, workbook courses, PBS specials and books

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Sharing a mutual "Barbara" experience

Postby lauralaine86 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:59 pm

Our success team met for the first time last weekend. Our leader and I related a mutual experience to the rest of the group where we saw Barbara speak at the Texas Conference for Women about two years ago. She had us share our dreams with each other, and a woman in the second row told how she had always wanted to run a zoo or animal rescue. Several rows behind her came the answer to her dream - thru an illness or other tragedy, another audience member's mother needed someone to run an exotic animal rescue in her absence. Both my leader and I still get goosebumps when we speak of this experience. When I learned that she snuck into the room in order to hear Barbara speak in a standing-room only crowd that was way against fire code, and sat on the floor...Only then did I realize how fortunate we had both been to be there. Barbara's work does truly work miracles, and continues to do so on a daily basis - from what I've been reading of old posts on this board. Just wanted to share an important moment from my past that Barbara made possible.
lauralaine86
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Tituba » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:42 pm

I went to one of her workshops when she came to CT. When people explained their dreams and then others popped up with open doors - the energy in the room changed. It was a feeling of possibility - hope. It was very moving. I was in the back of the room with tears in my eyes. It was such a moving experience.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby MDG » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:54 pm

Me, too! There's something about Barbara that 'resonates' within. I saw her on TV by accident, and 'knew' this is for everyone. I 'had to' go to her workshop. And, read here on her bulletin boards. At Barbara's workshop, I got goosebumps, and little tears in my eyes. And, I knew I 'had to' read Sherbooks. Wishcraft was as though she was sitting across the table from me, writing the pages and handing them to me to read. There I was, on every page. I 'had to' go to a second Sher workshop. That's where I really learned what Barbara was/is doing. Her style of speaking to people, and having people speak to each other, frees not only one's dreams, but the kind 'fixer' within who happily helps the dreamer. Did you notice the simplification of the Wish and the Obstacle? Did you see how Barbara greets each speaker, and then asks for a suggestion to help the Asker? And, especially, did you hear how Barbara guides the Asker in thanking the Giver? "Thank them. Say something you like about their suggestion." She tells us there is always something to like in every suggestion...even if the whole idea isn't for us at this time. That's the heart of Barbara's genius, I believe. (And her wonderful voice.) We learn how to communicate with each other, even if we only pick it up by osmosis. Never again will we be hemmed in by four limiting walls. All mankind is our Success Team. We can't NOT fulfill our dreams, our purpose. Mahara
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Rave Reviews