Refuse to Choose- thoughts so far

Kudos for Barbara's workshops, audio programs, workbook courses, PBS specials and books

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Refuse to Choose- thoughts so far

Postby cyrano » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:42 pm

I picked up my copy at B&N on the way to the gym. In true scanner fashion, I started reading it while doing my hour on the elliptical machine, something I have to do now that my 50something knees no longer let me run very much. I love it, at least 150 pages into it. I wish I had had it 20, maybe 30 years ago, so that it might have forestalled so many years of believing something was wrong with me. I enjoyed being quoted, although I had no recollection of ever saying what I was credited with saying. I thought it was entirely appropriate that I needed to read it while I was exercising. I will finish it tomorrow while burning off a few hundred more calories. A home run, IMO. :D
cyrano
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:18 am

Thank you, Cyrano! I'm also encouraged that you're able to read the tiny print when you're 1. over 40 2. jogging Maybe it's not as bad as I feared?
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby annasus » Fri May 19, 2006 12:31 pm

I really really liked the book. I think I need to read it again. I kind of panicked cuz I wasn't ONE of the scanners mentioned and then I remembered that you don't have to be. It was really exciting to read about all of the things that scanners have done and hope that I can fly around the world, invent a rocket, and create floating shoes :lol: Some of the ideas for making things work for you were also interesting.... like the thing for that engineer guy. Ya know, getting others to follow him like the Mac guy did years ago. Yay for Barbara!
annasus
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

I got the Refuse to Choose book on amazon.

Postby Colliefeathers » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:50 am

Oh YES! LOVE this book. (And Barbara's other books) I'm the Master Scanner. I learn absolutely everything I can about any subject that strikes me, get VERY good at it, do it for awhile and then stop and do something else. I skimmed through the whole book, but now have to go back and get the details. lol. I have OFTEN thought that I'd make a great talent agent or casting agent and was surprised to see that occupation on the list for Master Scanners.
Colliefeathers
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

cyrano

Postby Colliefeathers » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:53 am

I wish I had had it 20, maybe 30 years ago, so that it might have forestalled so many years of believing something was wrong with me. AMEN to that. SO glad to hear there are many, many others like me.
Colliefeathers
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby katkat » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:16 am

I'm half way thru it and enjoying it very much, I definitely have some scanner qualities but I'm not sure which one I am yet.
katkat
New User
New User

Return to Rave Reviews