Finally going public with my experiences and thanks

Kudos for Barbara's workshops, audio programs, workbook courses, PBS specials and books

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Finally going public with my experiences and thanks

Postby dmyoak » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:59 pm

Dear Barbara and the community, Every PBS pledge break, I look for you seminars. I remember the first time I watched \"Refuse to Choose,\" I was shocked. How could someone tell me I could do anything and everything I wanted to do. After I recovered from the shock, here is what happened: 1) At the age of 41, I graduated with an Associates Degree in Liberal Arts (graduation occurred six days after my birthday) 2)I have decided to continue my studies and earn a PhD. D. in psychology Now, if that isn't enough, listen to this! My life change dramatically after having a mild stroke in 2002 and battling a two-year episode of deep depression. Now that I am a student, I am often asked about why I have chosen to return to school. I have been more open about my stroke, experiencing depression, and living with HIV, but the most astounding part is that people have been sending their relatives, friends, and co-workers to talk to me. At first, I was a bit embarrassed, but then I thought of how wonderful it would be to help someone like so many others have helped me. The reason I am writing to you about this now is because today a friend of a friend asked me if I would be interested in motivational speaking. At first I thought, \"Oh no, how could I possibly do that.\" Then I said, \"Why not.\" The gist of the story is that I would have never considered this had you not made your thought, experiences, and ideas public. Thank you for your great work. If I get stuck, I know who to ask for help! David :D
dmyoak
New User
New User

Postby Unity » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:26 am

David, best of luck to you and much success for the future. You have made a difficult situation work for you and have become an inspiration to others.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Rave Reviews