You saved my life, thank you.

Kudos for Barbara's workshops, audio programs, workbook courses, PBS specials and books

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

You saved my life, thank you.

Postby mercutio67 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:17 pm

Dear Barbara, I'm half way through reading 'refuse to choose', and I've finally managed to stop crying. You've lifted thirty years of self recrimination and other peoples judgments off my heart. Ironically, I found your book while standing right next to it in a bookstore, having a heated argument with my partner about my inability to finish things. We were arguing over my latest plan to go to uni because I'd discovered a degree that allowed me to study four different majors. Being on a uni campus is like coming home to me, but I've never been able to tolerate the idea of studying just one subject, and therefore never signed up. In the last two weeks since I've started this book I have achieved heaps. I'm finally getting somewhere with the six projects I'm currently working on because I'm allowing myself to move between them instead of telling myself I should 'get stuck into one of them' (and ending up doing nothing.) You've saved my life and turned it from a hellhole of depression and misery into the adventure I've always dreamed of. Bless you. Adam Blanch Byron Bay, Australia PS. All my friends are scanners, this is a gift I'm passing on.
mercutio67
New User
New User

Postby urbanpioneer » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:38 am

Welcome to the club! You will find support, encouragement and understanding here amongst this wonderful group of scanners and other creative outisde-the-box people. Keep on trucking and keep us advised of your progress.
urbanpioneer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Rave Reviews