My Inner Child Loves Barbara

Kudos for Barbara's workshops, audio programs, workbook courses, PBS specials and books

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

My Inner Child Loves Barbara

Postby Zabel » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:07 am

Merhaba* Barbara and everyone! :D :D : )
It has been almost 4 months that i found about Barbara and her wonderful book Wishcraft. I am a student of self-parenting program. In order to advance in this system i need to read books recommended by the founder-director Dr John Pollard. I intend to be a nurturing, loving parent to my Inner Child (IC)- or as Barbara names her -to my Inner Genius.

Well, Barbara's 2 books were posted on his list of recommended books (http://www.selfparenting.com) Thanks to Barbara's generosity, I was able to read and make use of the exercises in the wish section of Wishcraft on her website. Then I placed an order for Dr Pollard's books plus ˜I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was"

Well my IC pops up every now and then during the day and kept saying read Barbara's book, read it. One frequent msg I was getting was ˜Barbara understands me the most. You don't understand as much, read her!"

So in the end I could not resist her more and was obliged to read ˜I could do anything if I only knew what it was." Even though I wasn't planning to start it for a while. And wasn't my IC right?! This book has turned out to be the most insightful and revealing book I've ever read! I understood all the intricacies involved in my denial, resistance mechanisms and thus it opened up a big new window to explore. With my prior knowledge and Barbara's easy-to-relate way of explaining very complicated human psychology, I was able to connect all the dots to understand why I was the way I was in minutes.

Especially starting from chapter 12 I found most of the answers about myself that I could not figure out before by simply reading, pondering over, and doing her genius exercises, one by one. I enjoyed the exercises, had a wonderful time doing them so was IC! She got jealous with the sonnet I wrote to my defense mechanism so she asked me to create one for her.

Dr Pollard mentions that Wishcraft provides an intuitive support for IC's needs. I do wholeheartedly agree with his comment. I feel calling Barbara Sher ˜The best companion / interpreter of Inner Genius" most appropriate.

After reading chapter on Rage against Ordinary, IC had given most insightful answers-actually comments during the next morning SP session even though I never asked her directly anything on the matter. BTW, IC announced Barbara being her idol already! So this is to say with SP program I was introduced to Barbara Sher and her wonderful heart and shall love to contribute to promote her work, her programs, and books in Turkey.

I prefer to continue on the Turkish forum for this purpose though. I don't intend to read more books for self exploration but apply what I learned from her books and redo the exercises. Thank you Barbara for your open heart and inner delight! With gratitude and admiration Sibel *means hello in Turkish language.
Zabel
New Poster
New Poster

Re: My Inner Child Loves Barbara

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:51 pm

"Wishcraft" was my first Barbara book. I heard about it many years ago when I would rave about Shatki Gawain's "Creative Visualization" then 20 years later i finally read it! I enjoyed it immensely and then sought out her other books. I think "Refuse to Choose" fits me best. It's the one that seems to have been written especially for me.
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Zabel » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:51 am

Hi everyone!
how many have seen this article?

The 10 best self-help gurus
http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2011/ ... help-gurus
Zabel
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:18 am

Zabel wrote: ... how many have seen this article?

On January 4th:

viewtopic.php?p=238267#p238267
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Rave Reviews