PBS SPECIAL: LIVE THE LIFE YOU LOVE

Kudos for Barbara's workshops, audio programs, workbook courses, PBS specials and books

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

PBS SPECIAL: LIVE THE LIFE YOU LOVE

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Dec 20, 2001 9:45 pm

Barbara: I saw the fund raising program for KQED, Channel 9, last Sunday, and I really was very impressed with what you said. This is the first time I have every seen you on T.V. Do you have a regularly scheduled program on KQED?
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Dec 20, 2001 9:47 pm

Hi, Barbara: > > I was amused to see you on KTEH saying 'self improvement doesn't work' and, minutes later, to watch Wayne Dyer telling people how to improve themselves. I find your approach extremely refreshing. [This message has been edited by BarbaraSher (edited December 21, 2001).]
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:00 pm

Dear Barbara: Thanks for your suggestion. Also for your inspiration. Until I flipped on KTEH the other night, I hadn't known about your work. You remind me of the Good Fairy in Cinderella! CA
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:07 pm

...I just know that your voice on public television this weekend was like the > sound of a new page turning in a great big adventure book, one that I had not > heard for so long I can't remember. I have been a complete flop at > self-improvement, and I know you don't support that concept anyway...
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:28 pm

> Hello, I watched you on our local PBS station in Pittsburgh, Dec. 13, 2001. That was the first time I had ever seen you, and boy was > I impressed! Everything was so informative and you were so interesting. I > mainly wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed the show [This message has been edited by BarbaraSher (edited December 21, 2001).]
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:32 pm

> Barbara, I am working at my computer and listening to you on TV behind me. > I have waited all my life for your instruction and advice. YOU KNOW ME. > I have to turn sideways to move about in my apartment. You couldn't be > righter. All my clutter is about projects I feel I should do and I won't get rid of it; > I KNOW if will need something someday. > > I will call KQED and for the first time I will sign up for the whole thing > -- I want your package.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:40 pm

> I just saw your program on KQED and KTEH this weekend. You are so down to > earth, almost as if you were the role model aunt I never had. Your persona > gave me the courage to email you.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:48 pm

> > Hi Barbara, > > I have to admit I had never heard of you before (a shame I am not to proud to > admit) but as I was flipping through channels a few nights ago I caught you on > KQED (San Francisco public TV) and I was plesantly surprised. I normally HATE > and avoid "pledge weeks" at all costs, but something about you caught my > eye... personally I think it was the "just say no to positive thinking" speech > that endeared me to you, but in any case, I really enjoyed watching you and > listening to you. Everything you said made sense... > Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that a 26 year old mom of twins and a > year old baby was glad to catch your show, and will be looking for more info > about you, thank you so much for being there, on a night when I really needed > some inspiring!!!
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Dec 20, 2001 11:05 pm

Dear Barbara, > PLEASE up a warning label on your materials. Action happens very, very > quickly. > > As I do daily chores around the house, I tossing, putting things in the garage > sale box, creating order (folding my underware, etc before putting it > away),and I just spoke to you last night when you were on KCET in Los Angeles. > > Amazed, M
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Dec 20, 2001 11:07 pm

Watched you on PBS and you ROCK!!!!
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Dec 20, 2001 11:18 pm

> Barbara, > I saw you on tv and I was very happy to hear, see, and know that there is > hope. Im 29 year old single mom and find myself struggling and doing > the same things all the time. Watching and hearing you speak made me feel like > I can and will succeed in life.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Dec 20, 2001 11:32 pm

Hi, Saw you on > KCET last weekend. Loved your no BS approach.I am 76 and retired ten years > ago. Am having more fun with misc volunteering, don't always feel that good, > but have fun DOING. Keep up the good stuff. thank you and PBS.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Thu Dec 20, 2001 11:37 pm

12/12/01 > > Dear Ms. Sher: > > I enjoyed your television presentation on KQED on September 9th (yes, I'm a > member of my local PBS station) and, while I am an appreciative reader of the > literature of human psychological and spiritual development, I am intrigued by and open to your sardonic approach as well. > > On the show you read a letter from a woman who took up dance at the age of 40. Her words seemed to speak directly to me and for me. I, too, have cherished > the dream of dancing for decades and always believed I was exempt from that > possibility because I didn't have ballet lessons as a child. > > I am now finishing out a wonderful class in modern dance at our local junior > college and shall, at the age of 50, begin ballet next month. I too grieve as > I am affirmed in my suspicions of the fine dancer I could have been. > > I would like to write to the sender of that letter. Would you be able to > forward it to her? > > I look forward to navigating your website ... Your directness, sureness, and insights in exposing blocks to living is very helpful. > > Thank you for your perspective and for practicing your calling. > > Sincerely,
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:27 pm

I saw you for the first time on PBS and gravitated toward your message. I am a self-help junkie. Brian Tracy, Robbins, Carnegie, Napoleon Hill, I felt they were all missing something. Then I read some passages from Thoreau. I am thinking that most people who are great at what they do, probably do not force themselves to rewrite their goals every morning. They also probably do not consciously do positive chants etc. So I am thrilled that I found you and your refreshing way of thinking. I wish I had this info before I tried to force myself to change my life.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Fri Dec 21, 2001 1:52 pm

Dear Barbara, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and last weekend I saw you on PBS. It was great. You are down to earth and speak to the basics. No doubt think you’ve heard this before, but you look like my mother. Not only that, but you seem to be the missing encouraging, and wise woman that I wish my mother had grown into. Much thanks.
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Next

Return to Rave Reviews