TV Show wanted

Each dreamer gets one topic. Ready to move toward your dream? Come in and open a topic in your name so we can note your progress, cheer you on, console you, curse your enemies, take up collections and generally keep track of you and your excellent dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: TV Show wanted

Postby Crabapple » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:43 pm

What about making some videos and putting them on youtube. Link to them from the blog etc you create. Also- podcasts.
Crabapple
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Wolf Goddess » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:20 am

You could enter contests. Winning awards will give you credibility. Maybe start writing articles for food blogs as a guest blogger, or put some articles in e-zine.com or some of the other article sites.. Don't make them sound like sales pitches. Also submit articles to magazines, online sources, etc. Blog talk radio was mentioned as well as the local access TV stations. Someone also mentioned Food Network casting call. A housewife just got her own TV show and I don't think she has either a cookbook or a restaurant. Food Network isn't the only game in town, but they sponsor all sorts of contests, as do lots of the food magazines. And there's always those late nite infomercials.... :D WG
You will never plow a field by turning it over in your mind.
Visit Zebracorn Art Journeys at www.zebracorn.com
Wolf Goddess
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby omelette » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:55 am

Skip past GO and collect $200... Create a website or blog to bring in exposure. Make your own videos and sell on http://www.filmbaby.com. Sell for $24 (keeping $20 for yourself) Self-publish your book through Amazon.com or some other form. Or publish it as an eBook like http://www.paleocookbook.com/. Post excerpts of your video on YouTube with a link to your website for search traffic exposure. Post a few tip or trick you've found in a few articles on Squidoo for more search traffic exposure and links to your website for higher rankings. Create your own little empire and then approach TV. If they still don't want you, it's OK because you will have already built a following. Seth Godin says to build a tribe of 1000 fans who love you. They'll buy your products and tell their friends. Also, think outside the food channels. Nathan Lyon was a contestant on Next Food Network Star, got booted off, and didn't let his dream die. He's now on Discovery Health and the Fitness Channel. If your ideas have overlap with another area, look to other channels looking to expand into a cooking show (Bravo? Lifetime?)
omelette
New Poster
New Poster

Postby urbanpioneer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:59 pm

For pure inspirations, go see Julie and Julia. What a great movie! It took Julia Child 8 YEARS to write her cookbook and many, many tries to get it published. This week, because of the movie no doubt, her book is #1 on the Amazon.com bestseller list. I work at a PBS station and we still run her program. (We have LOTS of dead people on public television) Go Julia! and Go you!
urbanpioneer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Open_Mind_Canada » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:33 pm

If you are near Kitchener Ontario, and are looking for taste testers, I'm volunteering! The social media, website/blog ideas seem to me the best because you have low cost barriers to getting started. Find a great graphics design person, database interactive web designer, copywriter (unless that's you) and videoographer, and cook for them! In my community I found a Social media MeetUp group, which I am attending because I want to learn more about social media. If your community has one, that might help you out, soo. Best of luck. :)
Open_Mind_Canada
New Poster
New Poster

Postby cosmogirl » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:04 am

Hello Creative Dreamer, as I worked in a publisher house in germany for a wellness magazine, we often had cooperations with authors, that they write an article and therefor they can promote their books or products or internet pages or what ever they offered. Maybe if you try this as well, it is a way to communicate your knowledge and become well-known in your area/Canada. Good luck with your wonderful idea! cosmogirl
cosmogirl
New Poster
New Poster

Previous

Return to Idea Parties