caught between two stools?

Each dreamer gets one topic. Ready to move toward your dream? Come in and open a topic in your name so we can note your progress, cheer you on, console you, curse your enemies, take up collections and generally keep track of you and your excellent dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

caught between two stools?

Postby cosmogirl » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:48 am

Hello wishcrafter! I would love to get your help... I did some wonderful steps in the last year (look under success stories) and I am on my way to follow my dreams. So I was traveling the last six month in wonderful countries and now - back in good old germany - I am building up my own business in nutrition and sports (I studied both). I was making contacts before I left, and now everything is starting to work, doors are opening. So everything sounds perfect (for me), everything worked the way I planned. But I didnt planned to fall in love with canada and especially with one person. Now I can just think about going back and live a life that I didnt know about before. It is activating my other me! But I would risk everything that I was building up already. So I think I must be totally crazy to give up everything like new job cooperation with the institute and all their contacts, like the money from the government, who helps to survive without a moneygiving job. To leave friends and familiy (although I didnt miss them during the travel, because I knew they are always there).... I have a Work&Travel Visa for Canada until April 2010. So there would be a chance to work right now. After that I would need to find an employer, who wants me. He could apply another Visa for me for one year. So I have these two options in my head and cant think about alternatives. How can I find out what I really want? Thanks so much for any idea or experience in such a case! Your cosmogirl
cosmogirl
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Jason » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:11 pm

■■■■■
Last edited by Jason on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jason
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Re: caught between two stools?

Postby Beebelle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:26 am

Hi Cosmogirl, Oh, sounds like a hard choice. Have you asked your partner whether he would be interested in moving to Germany? Can you put everything in Germany on hold, as you did previously when you went travelling? And some information for me personally - how do you go about getting your Canadian Work/Holiday Visa?! Am very interested to know! Thanks, and all the best, whatever decision you make would be the right one. In my personal opinion, love comes first, you can work anywhere.... B.x
Beebelle
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby cosmogirl » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:09 am

Hello Beebelle, hello Jason! Thanks for reading about my situation and taking care. Feels good. As I had to take a decision I did something in between: I will use my visa and go to canada until april 2010 and then we will check the possibility to stay in germany together for a while. this feels good inside although i have to cancel one of my doors in germany. but I hope I will find new doors when I am back. I realized I cant miss that opportunity. Beebelle: I was getting my work&holiday visa 2009 last year. Each year in nov. or dez. u can apply for such a visa for the next year until you are 35. u can get all informations via http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ge ... x?lang=deu cosmogirl
cosmogirl
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Beebelle » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:39 am

cosmogirl, thats great. I'm thrilled for you. Congratulations on making a decision, often the toughest part. Enjoy your time in Canada, whereabouts are you going? I may be there next year! B.x
Beebelle
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby cosmogirl » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:56 am

Hello Beebelle! The decision was the toughest part, u are right! Now I can move again, do something. With what I am good at, already. I will be in British Columbia, i guess. I want to try to find a job close to vancouver, whistler, squamish. I dont have a job right now. But if someone has a contact....:-) Send me a message, when u will be there. We really should drink a coffee and celebrate the nature around us! cosmogirl
cosmogirl
New Poster
New Poster

Return to Idea Parties