Can't figure out job ideas

Each dreamer gets one topic. Ready to move toward your dream? Come in and open a topic in your name so we can note your progress, cheer you on, console you, curse your enemies, take up collections and generally keep track of you and your excellent dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Can't figure out job ideas

Postby Frenchmom » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:39 am

Elaine, thank you for the information about your friend on eBay. I really should fix this subscription problem. Sorry to answer after two years... :?

I cancelled my artist business licence in july 2011 and this helped me find a job. My mind was more available and oppened to this possibility.
I was hired as a phone advisor for the tax department. Very interesting job. At first it was a two months contract but I eventually stayed 10 months with them !
This improved my confidence a lot. I had not worked in an office for 15 years, and really I felt as if it had just been a few weeks break. I couldn't stay longer though, because they had to cut on extra workers costs.

Now my dream would be to work part time in an office and part time as a portrait artist . Still thinking of it after all these years, so I think I should really find how to kickstrart this project even if I have no idea about who is going to buy a portrait in this economy. I've recently spoken with art teachers here and prospectives are very low. More teachers (3 in 2009 and at least 6 today) and less students. Starving artists are turning into art teachers and students are cutting on their hobby costs. Anyway, thank you to whoever is reading this :wink:
Frenchmom
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to Idea Parties