We Want to Host a Music-Oriented Event

Each dreamer gets one topic. Ready to move toward your dream? Come in and open a topic in your name so we can note your progress, cheer you on, console you, curse your enemies, take up collections and generally keep track of you and your excellent dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

We Want to Host a Music-Oriented Event

Postby sweetsoulmusic » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:52 am

As an effort to get our names out there, a friend and I wanted to start some sort of music-oriented event. She wants to be established as a music business person and I want to brand myself further as an artist. All I could think of was open mics, showcases and networking events. Any other type of events I'm not thinking of?
sweetsoulmusic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: We Want to Host a Music-Oriented Event

Postby vivsim » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:16 am

How about approaching your local university radio station with a proposal for a segment featuring your music?
vivsim
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby skannie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:14 am

Music festival
Music & poetry night
A dance or disco, if it’s danceable music
Music learning workshops/classes
Jam sessions for learners
Fair or market for musical instruments, equipment, CDs & DVDs etc.
Musical instrument/equipment repair & maintenance workshop
Band or solo performer competition
Busking (street music) competition
Composing or song-writing competition
Public lecture or exhibition about your music genre e.g. history, cultural significance, important performers, playing techniques, instruments used etc.
Demo recording sessions for musicians, singers and bands
Charity concert for a good cause
Musical performance in an unusual place e.g. on a boat or bus or train, on a bridge or roof of a building etc.
www.beyond-mountains.com
www.scannertribe.com
Scanner Tribe Group on Facebook
Scanner Tribe group on LinkedIn
Twitter - @scannertribe
skannie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Miss Jane » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:25 am

Greetings SweetSoulMusic!

I'd like to suggest one other option.

Do Living Room Performances. Family Room, etc. The idea is that you perform (display your art) in private settings. The Host/Hostess provides the space. You two supply the "Talent."

Offer this to your friends (and their friends ... as you will ask them to "Share" the post) on Facebook with a small description.

If you don't want to charge at first. Just help the hostess by asking guests to bring a nibble or a beverage (Idea Party Style).

My Daughter has done this quite successfully with the most recent album she made in conjunction with another fine Singer/Songwriter. They toured the country doing these Living Room Shows!

You will immediately begin to build a following ... or at minimum garner some great Testimonials for future "Press!"

Hope this helps!

Make sure you "Hosts" experience your Talents so they know what they will be offering their guests. Do you have a CD or a YouTube Video or some other little Podcast'ish thing to show them?

Best Regards,

Jane in LA!
Jane Meade
Registered Success Team Leader
Success Teams LA!
successteamsla@aol.com
Miss Jane
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Return to Idea Parties