I want to be a entrepreneur but..

Each dreamer gets one topic. Ready to move toward your dream? Come in and open a topic in your name so we can note your progress, cheer you on, console you, curse your enemies, take up collections and generally keep track of you and your excellent dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

I want to be a entrepreneur but..

Postby Genaldscanner » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:24 pm

Hey guys I'm a 17 year old male that resides in london, england
I am going to write quite a bit, because I really need some guidance.

Okay, I read the book refuse to choose by barbara sher, and identified my self as a sybil cyclical scanner.
I have quite a few interests,they include basketball, self development, attarcting women,being an entrepreneur, - I would like to write books, and create a food product and sell it etc. I lose interest in these areas but eventually come back to them. For example I learnt about and put in to practice attarcting women for a good 4 months, and then didn't come back for about 2 months later.

I have also identified my self as an ENTP, extroverted- iNtuitive- thinker- perciever. I am quite creative and full of inovation, but always have to many projects at once to get anything complete. I have started to use the scanner day book to structure my self, and jot down ideas and other things. So I can stay on top of them.

I would really like to become an entrepreneur - I love inventing things and TRYING to put them into action. It's a life that I THINK I would best be suited to. I have looked into the 9-5 jobs and to be honest, I don't want that!!! I can't have repetition! Like I can't be a lawyer, or a doctor - ( I know a huge amount about health however I can't become a doctor because its just not for me. )

I'm just scared that I am going to make the wrong decision pursueing becoming a successfull entrepreneur- I have quite a bit to show for my life, I'm very smart and that, but I always scraped by in school due to no revision.
I have the choice of going to university - but no degrees attract me apart from the ones that are and consist of becoming an entrepreneur - like doing enterprise and entrepreneurial management at anglia ruskin. If you've not realised my interests surround being an entrepreneur- not much of.. Like maths, or science - I just don't know .. Like a deep diver as barabara describes.

I come from a very poor background, and there is a lot of pressure on me to have money- my parent is very old school of - go to university and get a job and support your family. But I don't want this

I value being sucessfull a lot and want be recognised for my success.
Am I inlove with the idea of being successfull or do I really want to become an entrepreneur.

Please leave me guidance, and help - thanks!
Genaldscanner
New Poster
New Poster

Re: I want to be a entrepreneur but..

Postby Tituba » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:34 pm

Read "I Could Do Anything If Only I Knew What It Was." You probably can pick it up in the library or on Amazon
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby skannie » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:11 pm

Genaldscanner wrote:I would really like to become an entrepreneur - I love inventing things and TRYING to put them into action. It's a life that I THINK I would best be suited to.

I have the choice of going to university - but no degrees attract me apart from the ones that are and consist of becoming an entrepreneur - like doing enterprise and entrepreneurial management at anglia ruskin.
Hi Genald. I think you've answered your own question. Scanners can be excellent entrepreneurs. Look at Richard Branson! He has all sorts of business ideas, but he gets other people to do the boring management and maintenance.

I took a quick look at that degree course, and they say
this three-year degree programme is designed for entrepreneurial and enterprising students who think outside the box and who want to make things happen. More than just a degree, this programme gives students the right mind-set for dealing with an increasingly uncertain and unpredictable world.
Sounds perfect for an entrepreneurial-minded scanner. Plenty of variety, and you'll be a champion at thinking outside the box.

And it's only three years, not a life sentence. You can do something completely different afterwards if you want. The stuff you learn in that course should be helpful in many other kinds of careers too. Universities are also great places for pursuing your other interests with all the sports and leisure facilities, computer rooms, libraries, student societies etc.

So I'd say that's a good choice for you, as long as you won't be faced with a huge amount of student debt when it's finished. And it should satisfy your parents.

Another option would be to get a job or internship with an entrepreneur straight after school, so you can learn all about how it's done, and maybe do the course later if you still want to.
www.beyond-mountains.com
www.scannertribe.com
Scanner Tribe Group on Facebook
Scanner Tribe group on LinkedIn
Twitter - @scannertribe
skannie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Jailo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:10 pm

Have you considered taking a gap year? You could take a year off from school, before college, and take that time to learn about entrepreneurship, start a business or two, get a mentor, and whatever else you want to explore.

Uncollege is a ready made gap year program in the U.S. I really like them, and I'm considering going because You get to live with other self directed learners, travel and volunteer, and they'll help you get started doing the work in whatever field you'd like to be in. Check out their resource page. It has tons of entrepreneur books/info.

And I really like Fizzle It's an online community of entrepreneurs and provides business training courses. I recently started a business from what I've learned with them so you should check them out. Plus, you could try it out for a month for only $1

PM me if you'd like more resources, I've got a ton!
Jailo
New User
New User

Return to Idea Parties