Finding work in sustainability / renewable energy

Each dreamer gets one topic. Ready to move toward your dream? Come in and open a topic in your name so we can note your progress, cheer you on, console you, curse your enemies, take up collections and generally keep track of you and your excellent dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Finding work in sustainability / renewable energy

Postby M B » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:22 pm

After ten years of academic research that was very technical but also narrow and for a tiny audience (my work was mostly mathematical modeling and numerical simulations in applied physics -- but I also modeled carom billiards and alcoholic fermentation in my spare time), I want to have more impact on the real world. I am particularly interested in sustainability and renewable energy, issues that have scope and are interdisciplinary — technical in nature with economic aspects and ethical will (on top of my scientific work, I wrote articles on ethics and a book on investing). I am looking for information and contacts in this field.
Mathieu Bouville, PhD
Looking for work that matters in sustainability / renewable energy
M B
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Finding work in sustainability / renewable energy

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:26 pm

I'm sending you good wishes.

I don't have contacts or information, but I believe in the work you want to do, and I'm glad that you want to do it.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:20 am

I just created a free account on ReWork:
http://www.rework.jobs/

One category of jobs is "Clean and Green Technology"
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby skannie » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:13 am

Hi M B. Are you active on LinkedIn? That's a great place for finding professional contacts in almost any field. Use the search box at the top with relevant keywords. The button at the left of the search box gives you a drop-down list that lets you choose to search for companies, people, groups etc. Joining groups is particularly useful because it allows you to directly contact anyone in your groups and ask them to connect with you. You can also attract attention and demonstrate your interest and knowledge by joining in or starting group discussions.
www.beyond-mountains.com
www.scannertribe.com
Scanner Tribe Group on Facebook
Scanner Tribe group on LinkedIn
Twitter - @scannertribe
skannie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Idea Parties