I want to help people heal.

Each dreamer gets one topic. Ready to move toward your dream? Come in and open a topic in your name so we can note your progress, cheer you on, console you, curse your enemies, take up collections and generally keep track of you and your excellent dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: I want to help people heal.

Postby Jennifer623 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi Randie. I know your initial post was about a year and a half ago, but I thought of something that I hope could be helpful.

I see that you feel you do not have enough experience and that your enjoy lecturing. What if you helped at teacher in-services? You could teach them stress management AND teach them how to teach their students the same. Your influence would extend beyond the teachers, and with your qualifications, I am sure they would compensate you for your time. You could do several school districts.

Or, how about a lecture to teach case managers how to use stress management with clients? When I worked at a mental health facility, the therapists were trained of course, but the case managers were often left to 'wing it'. This could be helpful for them.

Also, some holistic health businesses may enjoy your services. Maybe you could teach the staff, or maybe they could have you come in during a wellness retreat and lecture their clients.

Hope some of these ideas might be helpful or that you've already figured it out. Best of luck!
Jennifer623
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: I want to help people heal.

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi Jennifer,

Sometimes people come and post here and then disappear and don't come back. But I think it's always a good idea to respond, not only for the person whose thread it is, but also for anyone else who comes along and reads it. Thanks for adding your input here and in other threads. Keep up the good work! We value your suggestions.

Inspire
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Idea Parties