Steady income stream of 1500$ per month online

Each dreamer gets one topic. Ready to move toward your dream? Come in and open a topic in your name so we can note your progress, cheer you on, console you, curse your enemies, take up collections and generally keep track of you and your excellent dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Steady income stream of 1500$ per month online

Postby hajar » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:53 am

Hey everyone!

My name is Hajar. My wish is to be able to generate a steady income stream of 1500$ per month online so I don't have to worry about money again, keep developing my mathematical skills and go back to my archery training. I have a master's degree in CS and I'm still struggling to get a decent job but hey let's look at the bright side of things, I'm a fast learner and if anyone can walk me through it I'll be so much grateful.

The obstacle is I have no prior experience in making money online and I have no money to invest.

I hope someone can help me with this!

Thank you everyone!
hajar
New User
New User

Re: Steady income stream of 1500$ per month online

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:32 am

Hi, Hajar,

I would kill for a masters in computer science - not for the masters degree, just to know what you know.

I assume (always a dangerous thing to do) that what you want is some money coming in while you get a full time job with your degree, and making money on line seems like the best way to do that. I'm no expert on computers; I hope someone else answers this post with more advice.

I also assume that you would offer some computer-related service. The first thing is to get very clear about what kind of services you can provide. Can you design web sites? Can you help people troubleshoot? Can you help them set up ETSY sites? Can you help seniors learn how to use the Internet? Can you catch the idiot scammers who call me periodically (wishful thinking on my part)? Or is there some other service that you can provide?

Oh, here's a thought: A lot of people are self-publishing books and pay to have their stories downloaded to the on-line publishers. The publishers will do it for you for a package of $1000 to $3000. They also offer promoting the book in these packages. Could you do this for less money? (a lot less money) Or would you like to work for Lulu, CreateSpace, etc.? Just say you want to publish a book, and these companies will overload you with e-mails.

Then comes the hard part - finding customers. Can you go in with someone who has some connections to customers? Design your own website. Get the word out on Linkedin, Craig's List(?), and every other social network that you think would be useful. If I knew how to do that, I'd be doing it with "The Molly Chronicles." There are people who know how to do this - I am not one of them.

Would you be willing to work for someone else? One advantage of this is that the income stream would be steady, and you could meet people and have experiences that would get you a computer science career.
Would you be willing to take temp jobs with an agency? That would leave you time to look for your computer science job.
Would you be willing for work as a consultant for Staples, Office Depot, etc. part time?
Contact Google,Yahoo, etc., and take a job with the understanding that you'd be considered for promotion when something else becomes available.

Hopefully some of these ideas will get you thinking, even if it's 'I'd never in a million years do that!'

I hope you get your wish.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:00 pm

Welcome Hajar!

We have a thread / topic here that covers free or nearly free online learning or training. My latest education site is http://www.edx.org . Right now I'm enrolled in a free course on statistics. There are many MIT lectures available for free online, too. So I think you can keep developing math skills for very low cost. Whether you have the time for it is another matter!

There are many "work at home" scams, so be careful. I recommend the http://www.ratracerebellion.com/ site by Staffcentrix for leads on work at home jobs. It screens and features legitimate work at home opportunities.
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby teachthem » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:27 pm

Hey Hajar!

I can feel your deep worry in your heart. I not only wish for you that worry free life but I KNOW that you can make it happen. I just do!

What do you LOVE doing? What do you LOVE learning? What do you find yourself talking about to everyone with all your heart and passion, all the time?

Nancy
[url]http://www.nancysungyun.com/[/url]
teachthem
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Jennifer623 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:38 pm

Hello. My name is Jennifer. I have a Master's degree in Clinical Psychology. I teach college psychology courses online. I have found that community colleges will employ people with a certain number of graduate credit hours to teach online courses. A Master's degree in CS is certainly enough to teach CS courses online. You would be able to do this any time of the day or night, so you could make your own schedule in order to pursue your interests. You might want to check around at different colleges. I know that the one I teach for has a limit of 9 credit hours per semester for part time adjuncts and pays per credit hour. A three credit hour, semester long course pays about $1800. If this is not enough, consider teaching part-time for two different community colleges. (Typically, they do not offer full time online teaching positions because then they would have to offer benefits, etc.) Hope this helps!
Jennifer623
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Idea Parties