Wish to see mountains / ocean with family for first time.

Each dreamer gets one topic. Ready to move toward your dream? Come in and open a topic in your name so we can note your progress, cheer you on, console you, curse your enemies, take up collections and generally keep track of you and your excellent dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Wish to see mountains / ocean with family for first time

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:12 pm

Just hoping that things are going well for you.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Jennifer623 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:55 pm

Hello again! Sorry I have been absent for some time. Yes, I have sort of stepped away from this for a bit. I have been stressed out lately and unable to focus on it. And, with no progress being made, I have gotten a bit discouraged.

But, while I have not been searching as actively, I always have my eyes and ears open for an opportunity. I have contacted a couple people regarding campers for sale, but it has not resulted in anything worth noting.

I also came across an article about the safety of buckling children into the back of a motor home. Essentially, it is the most unsafe option available as indicated by crash test results. The authors even recommended driving a separate vehicle along with the motor home to safely transport the kids. Oy. The kids' safety is probably not something on which to compromise. So, it looks like a safer option would be a truck and 5th wheel. But that will cost even more than an old motor home.

Sometimes I am tempted to give up. Sometimes it seems like it is not meant to be, really. But I will keep searching. Maybe something unexpected will come up? :wink:

Thank you for checking in! I needed that reminder to keep the hope.
Jennifer623
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:25 pm

Yay, she's back! I was so sad that you disappeared. Please come visit us here. Don't feel like you have to come and say how wonderful everything is. Just say "Hi".

As far as your project goes -- it's natural to get discouraged and take breaks. We all need that.

Persistence doesn't mean you go non-stop. I'm persistent and I quit things all the time! I quit and give up and say forget it. Then I move on to other things. Eventually, once I've had enough of a break I get back on track. Sometimes break time actually helps because the ideas germinate and marinate and create some new direction that we wouldn't have thought of before.

No matter how this project goes, please stay in touch. We enjoy your company here on the Boards. Feel free to chat and tell us anything about the rest of your life. Don't feel pressured to only share this one project with us. We like having you hang out with us!

Inspire
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:14 am

Ditto, to everything Inspire wrote.

Is a fifth wheel, a fully loaded camper about twenty feet long that is pulled by a car or truck?

And yes, this part will not be as much fun, because you don't have as much control over what is out there. We're still rooting for you. Don't stress, but keep your eyes peeled. Sometimes things just pop up when you least expect them to.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby auntdebbie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:28 pm

I live in the San Joaquin Valley of California. I'm a few hours from Yosemite and the ocean is only a couple of hours in the other direction. With Air BnB you could rent homes with kitchens. Try a Capital One Quicksilver card with cashback on every purchase. Use it instead of your debit card for things like groceries, gasoline, etc. Pay it off every month (I pay off every week) and it could be a way get some cash for your trip.
auntdebbie
New User
New User

Postby SquarePeg » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:41 am

Credit Card rewards can be a very good source of "mad money" but it's vital to be disciplined about paying off the full balance every pay period in order to avoid finance charges. I pay my auto and home insurance with a credit card.
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to Idea Parties