Wish to work and study wildlife in America

Each dreamer gets one topic. Ready to move toward your dream? Come in and open a topic in your name so we can note your progress, cheer you on, console you, curse your enemies, take up collections and generally keep track of you and your excellent dream.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

InesCruz
New Poster
New Poster

Wish to work and study wildlife in America

Post by InesCruz »

I'd really love to wake up everyday to any outdoors-y, lifestyle, surrounded by green lush trees, to eat well and healthy, to Run and dance in the Rain, and to take care of animals and watch them thrive .
I have a degree in tourism and want to get away from my judmental family in Europe and I don't know where to start

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Wish to work and study wildlife in America

Post by Tituba »

SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Wish to work and study wildlife in America

Post by SquarePeg »

In USA, we have parks that have been established to preserve wildlife. Some are public; some are private. Two towns that are adjacent to the one I live in have nature preserves with hiking trails blazed in them. The town that I live in has a Land Trust, which also preserves land, but trails are merely rough footpaths.

My daughter volunteered at one nature preserve. She would help care for the animals that were in rehab, plus help with the kids that would attend summer camp (aka the human animals).

So all of this is to say that there are opportunities here. Maybe a place to start is to narrow down where in America you might feel most at ease. USA is big, climates vary immensely, and even forested regions can be flat or mountainous, or deciduous or pine. Also, America means to me North, Central and South America -- even more to choose from!