What is Resistance stopping you from doing today?

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

everyday resistance

Postby Lynx » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi counter-resisters,

There's a moment most days where part of me still cranks up the suspicion that I really don't have to settle into the work of the day. Steinbeck in his through-time warm-up letters on writing The Grapes of Wrath and East of Eden comments on it frequently. After a hard-pushing set of days, and especially on weekends, this inner part has pretty persuasive arguments.

If I want work at a goal for an hour on a given day, let's say, If I turned the 20 or so minutes of inner waffling to good use I'd be 1/3 done!

Lynx
"Vision is not enough. It must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs." Vaclav Havel
Lynx
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: What is Resistance stopping you from doing today?

Postby mikeisjoyous » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:02 am

Resistance is stopping me from cleaning and making things neat. I am afraid of being put into a box like other people and of feeling empty and lonely.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:15 am

Hi Inspire, have you tried talking to your hands? I wonder if their shaking is a way of telling you something important. I think that's the first thing I would do. I rather dislike the kinds of pills given by psychiatrists for this, though if my hands were shaking I would most definitely see a competent MD. Probably I would check out hyperbaric oxygen therapy if my regular doc seemed unable to help me. That is where they supercharge your body with oxygen. That has been of help with issues involving the brain. From the psychological end, I would check into EFT, which integrates focusing, affirmation, and tapping. And, good luck!

PS If you tried all the above and feel you need to explore the physical end more, see if you can talk with Dr Al Sears in Florida. I tried to phone him to see if I could help a friend, but his phone system was not working:(
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mikeisjoyous » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:31 am

Inspire, if you were to send me a note telling me you would track me down, I might feel threatened. I would ask myself to what extent I was responsible for the breakup, and I would apologize first and foremost. I would be detailed and honest. I would not ask the other persons to look into their own souls. They would need some time to appreciate my apology is sincere.
mikeisjoyous
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:31 pm

Hello, everyone. I did it! I mailed the card to my brother. Thanks for your support.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:02 pm

Hi Inspire,
Congrats,you did a great job. Now it is your brother's turn to tear down his resistance and reply. I heartily wish you both are reunited as soon as possible.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby LalithaN » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:54 am

Hi Counter Resisters!
Now I'm sewing after overcoming a lot of mental resistance and getting a little bit success. After seeing a lot of youtube videos, I found out a method to sew snugly fitting sari blouses.I cut one according to my new calculations on Sunday. For unknown reasons, I didn't start sewing that. Yesterday I altered some of my old blouses to a snug fit and the machine was doing well.
Today when I enthusiastically started and plugged my machine on, it runs automatically without the foot control.I tried different methods, no use. I immediately called the mechanic and he agreed to come on Saturday.
Why this much obstacles when I want/have to do something? Either they are from my mind or they come from physical world. It seems as if an unknown irresistible force is working against me. Highly embarrassed.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:59 am

LalithaN wrote: Why this much obstacles when I want/have to do something? Either they are from my mind or they come from physical world. It seems as if an unknown irresistible force is working against me. Highly embarrassed.
This happens to all of us. Everything is a partnership with the universe. Obstacles come from inside our minds or outside circumstances. But the fact that you've gotten stuff done shows that your part is being done. Now you just need the outside forces (the repair person!) to cooperate.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:27 am

Hi Inspire,
Thank You for your kind words.
Mechanic came and repaired the foot control and the machine runs smoothly now. In addition to the repair he also serviced the machine. By God's Grace, it didn't bite my purse.
If everything keeps in order, machine should go on for a year or so, without any outside help.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:59 pm

Glad that the sewing machine is working well again!
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:58 am

Thank You, SquarePeg.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:19 pm

Inspire, congrats on mailing that card.

Lalitha, congrats on your sewing. And, yes, as inspire mentioned, things break down (like your sewing machine) just as you're all set to get some work done.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:23 am

Thank You, Elaine.
Sometimes when everything goes on smooth for a certain period, I start suspecting that it is a trap for a great loss. That much obstacles I have met.
Normally, I don't get despaired easily. But this one, probably I should have been too weary to stand that.
Thanks all of you for your support. I made a fuss for such a small thing.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:48 am

I forgot to mention how much of a fuss I make when things break down. I'm glad you were strong enough to get the machine fixed and keep going.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:13 pm

I tend to be annoyed by broken down things, but not discouraged. I kind of enjoy fixing things. There's a family joke that goes like this: for a Father's Day present, ask me to fix your broken stuff. Even better, let me show you how I fix it! :)
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions