Hopes of reconnecting with an estranged brother

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Hopes of reconnecting with an estranged brother

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:16 pm

Hello, everyone.

I fell into a major life disaster 15 years ago and broke off contact with my beloved brother at the beginning of it. I won't go into why I did that. It felt like the right thing at the time. I expected to be out of my difficulties within a year and then I would contact him. One year led to the next and the next and my life continued to go downhill. I never expected it to be 15 years before I was up to contacting him again.

Although my life is still difficult, it has improved enough for me to want contact. I went online to get his recent address. I sent a card, which was returned due to lack of proper address. I went back online and found a different site that said that address has an apartment #. I've decided rather than trust the internet again I'm going to send a card to the last address I have for him. The 2 online sources I contacted listed that address as his previous address that ended in 2015. But that's the one I'm going to try.

I want to hear my brothers' voice on the telephone. I haven't heard that in probably 30 something years. We only kept in touch by mail and that petered out over the years down to a Christmas card once a year. He lives on the east coast; I live on the west coast. I'm dreaming of talking to him once a week or at least once a month to make up for all the lost years and to enjoy his companionship as long as we both live (we're in our 60's).

If I can't find him via the internet there is one relative that probably has his address. (I cut off all contact with all relatives 15 years ago.) I wanted to contact him first, but I may have to contact her first.

I hope very much to hear his voice ASAP. I'm so ready to make amends and reconnect. Wish me luck.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Hopes of reconnecting with an estranged brother

Postby Tituba » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:30 pm

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:11 pm

Hi Inspire,
You said you were mailing him.I understood it was email.
If you know his email id,why can't you contact him by that? If you know his phone number send him a message or call him.
Or search him through Facebook.
Maybe these ideas are silly, but just I want to help.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:36 pm

Read the following post.....
Last edited by inspiresuccess on Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:43 pm

Lalitha,

If I had a phone number I'd call him.
If I had an email address I'd email him.
But I don't have either one.
I'm not on Facebook and I seriously doubt he is either.
I'll continue to try to find the right snail mail address. If I can't, then I'll write a snail mail letter to another family member who I also have only a snail mail address -- no phone number or email. The White Pages has the same address for her that I have, so hopefully that's a correct one. But I want to contact my brother first if possible. He's the most important contact. He's the one I want.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions