Feel terribly depressed about my life

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Feel terribly depressed about my life

Postby inspiresuccess » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:07 pm

I've tried for years to get back on track and getting nowhere. Was going to list things but there's no point. I can't seem to find a purpose in life. I look at Wishcraft, at what I loved as a kid and I've already tried to explore those things in the last several years getting nowhere.

I have no energy or hope for the future. I can't seem to even get the apartment clean or simple things like that for lack of any motivation.

The things I'm accomplishing are so simple like walking. I don't work and don't have family. Can't get anywhere with former hobbies. Don't seem to have any hope or ideas for the future.

I know I sound depressed but I'm not. Just massively discouraged.
inspiresuccess
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Feel terribly depressed about my life

Postby SquarePeg » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:09 pm

I'm so sorry that you're in this place. The terrain is very familiar to me.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby LalithaN » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:53 am

Inspire,
I feel sad for you. As I myself don't know the solutions for these problems, I don't have words to console you.
I pray for you and I have faith that this too is a passing cloud.
LalithaN
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Tituba » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:49 am

If you are feeling hopeless about your life and your future, you might not be able to pull yourself out of that spiral alone. I urge you to reach out to get professional help. There may even be a physical component (chemical) to those feelings. Once you enter the spiral of depression, it is not usually something you can do remedy yourself. Reach out to your community resources for help and we all hope you find your way.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:13 am

Yes, to everything Tituba posted. And i'm battling the same problems. I get depressed when I can't get any exercise, and my recent fall requires that I be very careful. Like LalithaN, I'll say a prayer.

Just a thought - You've done some truly amazing things in your life. Compared to them, what we're doing now doesn't look like much. But baby steps are better than no steps at all.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions