Not old and wise enough

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

Re: Not old and wise enough

Postby SquarePeg » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:35 am

Do you have a "Plan B" to fall back on? Is there a hostel nearby or on a bus route that you can stay at in case housing cannot be secured.

Don't be afraid to let the employer know that you might need temporary housing assistance.

You seem tenacious (because you have reminded me that I promised to respond some more). So I have a hunch that you will succeed. What's more, this success will help you with the next challenge in life!

I do think of you and send good wishes to you while I go about my day.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Caro » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:15 am

Somehow I got your vibes and they worked. Thank you for your support and for bearing with me, wish you a nice week.
Caro
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:17 pm

Caro, I think you're taking a terrific step. You are doing something. You are learning what happens in the world. If the job turns out to be awful, you'll get another one. But in the meantime, you will have learned things about yourself and about the world around you. As for your roommates, you now know that they are unreliable. Probably they are scared that if they do something, it will be all wrong, so instead they do nothing. I hope they get better. Maybe you can teach them something. But all of this is ASlE (another stupid learning experience.) Of course you're nervous. I hope you're also a little excited. This is how your dreams come true.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:25 pm

Caro, I think you're taking a terrific step. You are doing something. You are learning what happens in the world. If the job turns out to be awful, you'll get another one. But in the meantime, you will have learned things about yourself and about the world around you. You will be more self-assured, and capable, and you'll have work experience to put on your resume. As for your roommates, you now know that they are unreliable. Probably they are scared that if they do something, it will be all wrong, so instead they do nothing. I hope they get better. But all of this is another learning experience. Of course you're nervous. I hope you're also a little excited. This is how your dreams come true.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:12 am

Hi Caro, just wanted to "ping" this topic in case you can't find it. I'm still sending good vibes your way!
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions