How much upper/underarm jiggle is too much to go sleeveless?

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: Tituba, BarbaraSher

How much upper/underarm jiggle is too much to go sleeveless?

Postby LittleTigger » Wed May 19, 2004 10:03 am

I never wear sleeveless shirts because I have some of that dreaded upper/underarm jiggle going on. But, lately, I've been seeing a lot of really huge arms boldly being displayed in sleeveless shirts. Makes my arm jiggling not look so bad........... When does arm-jiggle.....ok.......FLAB.....become offensive to public sensibilities?
LittleTigger
LittleTigger
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby ksdreamer » Wed May 19, 2004 10:55 am

:D Go forth and boldly display your arm jiggle. No sense in being hot for that! I too have a wee bit of upper arm jiggle, but I actually feel more self-concious in short sleeves than no sleeves! :wink: Good luck!
ksdreamer
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Sarahk » Wed May 19, 2004 11:00 am

I agree! Jiggle schmiggle!
Sarahk
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby das813 » Wed May 19, 2004 12:06 pm

Go ahead and jiggle. I used to go with my family to VA Beach every year and might I say I do have a wee bit of a weight problem. Well here I was practically going to the beach in a moomoo(only kidding but you get the point) and I would see these humongous people in bikinis(god bless you and congrats for your self esteem if you are one of them) so jiggle away.
das813
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby blueberry » Wed May 19, 2004 1:11 pm

Well what you could think about is trying to lose some of that jiggle by putting more muscle into your upper arm... I'm not saying I don't have any because I do but I've noticed that the muscle in my arm makes the jiggle not look nearly as bad. What I am doing though is working more on getting more muscle in the upper arm only because of what my job is.
No matter how bad things might seem, they have to get better soon
blueberry
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby soni » Wed May 19, 2004 1:24 pm

Why not wear some of those belled jingle bracelets on your upper-arm and take advantage of your jiggle by making music wherever you go! Or indulge in a few nice hula-girl fake tats and make 'em dance for the sailor-boys!
Soni Pitts Personal blog (not always safe for work) http://sonipitts.com/blog
soni
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby maisie » Wed May 19, 2004 6:31 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: loved soni's suggestion. I see my underarm jiggle, my sagging breasts and my buddha belly as status symbols of my \"coming of age\"! who determines what public sensibilities are anyway? the advertising companies? I agree with the others------go forth and jiggle!
maisie
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby tankgirl136 » Wed May 19, 2004 11:31 pm

I have to say I weighed (no pun intended) this subject carefully for a long time. I use to swear that I would never as a larger girl 14/16 (ok on a good day :) ) wear a tank top (or other sleeveless shirt) because of my jiggly upper arm. But I started to tattoo my upper back and realized that I loved my artwork and decided to show the work off. Amazingly enough to my own insecure self no one pointed, stared or were horrified into any sick fits at the sight of my upper arms. In fact I realized that I had been very silly in my thinking for all of this time. I now love tank tops (I am wearing one now) and suggest them to every woman no matter what your age or size. Though I do suggest the cami cut tanks (the style with thin straps and lower neckline) for women with a larger bust and great neck over muscle or beater style tanks since they tend to make you look larger on top. If you have a smaller bust switch this advice to wearing espeacially the classic beater style. Sorry I have worked in the clothing business too long :D . Though it took a body modification for me to wisen up I tell all women no matter your size and age to wear clothes that make you comfortable and not to always worry about what others will think. Ok, unless it is a micro mini and a tight midriff shirt in white no matter who you are this is liable to be a very bad look same goes for tight white short shorts :twisted:
tankgirl136
New Poster
New Poster

Re: How much upper/underarm jiggle is too much to go sleevel

Postby jerseygirl » Thu May 20, 2004 6:56 am

LittleTigger wrote:I never wear sleeveless shirts because I have some of that dreaded upper/underarm jiggle going on. But, lately, I've been seeing a lot of really huge arms boldly being displayed in sleeveless shirts. Makes my arm jiggling not look so bad........... When does arm-jiggle.....ok.......FLAB.....become offensive to public sensibilities?
Tig, I think if the "dew laps" are hanging down to your knees when you cross your arms, then it might be disturbing to see them uncovered. But I don't think you're there yet. In fact, I don't think anyone is there yet. Go ahead and wear your sleeveless shirts and enjoy the breeze on your skin. For years my blessed Grandma Rose, mother of nine children, wore sleeveless shirts, short shorts (yes, even the WHITE ones!), and high heeled sandals. She never had the figure of a fashion model, but she didn't let that stop her from wearing clothing that made her feel youthful and attractive. She wore these flirtatious (sometimes outrageous) outfits, kept her hair dyed auburn and her smiling lips swathed in bright pink lipstick, and rammed around in her old Buick convertible well beyond what people think is a respectable age for any of those things. She showed me that it is a person's attitude about themselves that makes them attractive. Rose still had the attention of men right up until she passed away at age 92. In fact, she married again - twice! - after my grandfather passed away at age 65. Wear the sleeveless shirt. The Rose inside of you knows you should, or you wouldn't be asking.
jerseygirl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby kitkat » Thu May 20, 2004 7:12 am

Yeah, really. We all jiggle someplace -- gut, butt, arms. If anybody really cares, they can look away. Do what's comfortable for you.
kitkat
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby mezzogoch » Thu May 20, 2004 12:18 pm

:oops: I went to a graduation last summer and I was waving at my friend from the bleachers. My jiggle was still waving after I stopped. It matters A) how stinkin' hot it is and B) how the sleeve or armsche cuts you. it shoulden't be accross the bigest part, that will only be worse. I have narrow shoulders and I look much better in something sleveless than tiny cap sleeves that hit mid-jiggle.
mezzogoch
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby docsue » Fri May 21, 2004 5:26 am

Do small children get lost in the jiggle? Can you no longer lift your arms without causing major air disturbances that cause birds to fall out of the sky? That'd be my test. In my area, the ladies on the beach tend to resemble walruses - whiskers and all - have major surgical scars and wear string bikinis. Makes me look like the Beauty Queen! Here's what my hair cutter says when she sees huge ladies in tight white stretch pants - "I wish I had her mirror!" I wish we all had that mirror!
docsue
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby GiniDee » Sun May 23, 2004 7:30 pm

I want that mirror too! I don't care about the arm jiggle, or even the thigh jiggle. I just can't have too much sunlight on my skin or I'll turn into a lobster instead of a hermit crab. However, if I didn't sunburn so quickly and so badly, I would definitely 'go forth and jiggle' with the best of them! Go get'em Tig - ignore any nasty looks and wierd stares - they're all just jealous of your miniscule magnificence! Have fun this summer - am gathering stuff for you. All the best -
GiniDee :mrgreen: My idea of a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. :mrgreen: GiniDee :mrgreen:
GiniDee
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby marysunshine » Mon May 24, 2004 6:34 pm

A friend of mine calls that jiggle "bingo arms." Go wave and holler when life calls your number!
marysunshine
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

How much jiggle is TOO much?

Postby songpoet » Tue May 25, 2004 3:42 pm

Hey lil Tig,,,,,,,,,,,if someone stops & asks you for directions and as you point,,,,,,,,,the \"jiggle\" slaps the person standing next to you back to the \"Ming Dynasty\",,,,,,,,,get out the \"Total-Gym\". It's all perspective though,,,,,,,,I remember my Great-Grandma had a \"fascinating\" underarm jiggle when I was a kid. As has been pointed out,,,,,,,,,,I doubt if underarm jiggle would merit a 2nd look over; multi-colored hair, nose & belly-button rings,,,,,,,micro-mini-bikinis,,,,,,and full body tattoos. :)
songpoet
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Next

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions