Letting Go to Move On

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Postby Jeepdream » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:33 am

Tituba~! :lol: What a wonderful picture you have under your name now~! Kitties and computers~! This is the last day of my unending and free to me internet access. :cry: Back to the 30 min limit at the public library. I will lurk and check out this thread but probably will not have the time to post. Elizabeth Bits~! :D What a fantastic and insightful story. Also, it is a great exercise for me to do. I will go to the dollar store and get some of those pretty glass stones and write on them or have them represent what I want to keep and what I will let go~! :idea: In keeping with \"holding on to\" stones... to be able to lift the right \"heavy amount\" gives you healthy muscles ~ while too much weight hurts you~! Quest~! :D I too share your wonderment an confusion about the future. I have had only one all consuming dream (to work with the Deaf) and it was crushed, shattered, destroyed by the actions of others. It has been over 8 years and while I have had little dreams since (2 nanonovels) there is not an overarching pattern of anything productive in my life. When I was younger, I never thought [read: dreamed] I would live to see the year 2000. Now, I feel so beat up by life that I don't know what it \"wants\" from me any more. This is one bully who \"touches me\" and I can't defend myself by kicking their butt~! :x
Jeepdream
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Tituba » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:17 pm

Dee1455 posted this in another thread. I thought this thread would be a good place too:

I offer you this piece also .... An old Navajo Indian is telling his grandson about the inner turmoil going on inside him. He explained it was like a fight between two wolves: One that was wicked and full of arrogance, bitterness, anger, regret, guilt, superiority and greed. And the other was very worthy: full of peace, serenity, humility, kindness, ease, empathy and joy. So Grandpa, which wolf wins? The one I feed says the wise Grandfather.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Moonracer » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:25 am

Love that!
Moonracer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Letting Go to Move On

Postby Tituba » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:39 am

bump because this thread is good reading
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Jeepdream » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:08 am

Tituba~! :D

It has been YEARS~! I still have this e-mail and this is the first B.Sher message I have gotten in... YEARS~! §♥§

I will check back in a few hours~!

I am so excited that you are still here ~ the digital brains and {{{ dare I say }}} HEART of the board~!

Mwah~!

☼ Namaste ☼
Jeepdream
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Tituba » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:46 am

Oh please stay for awhile and talk about important things again. I so long for the day when the people on the board did that.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:12 pm

I remember watching this movie with my sister when we were teenagers. My sister was awed by it, especially when she says, "You have no power over me," and reclaims herself. But I thought, "So what? Big deal?"

I suppose our different Points of View illustrates just how difficult it is for girls to grow up in a male-dominated society.

I think I'll borrow / rent the DVD and see how our teenage daughter responds to it.

BTW, Tituba, I can discuss important things, too. :) But what's important? Perhaps figuring out how to move our own cheese....
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Jeepdream » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:04 pm

Oh, momma~! I have been thinking about this board A LOT recently~!

I judge every board and forum I have been to by how this one was "back in the day"~! I left due to a few post-ers going off-topic {read: busy bodies} and at times it got RABIDLY political so I sought less agitated waters.

Long story short: I have the good mental health skills to take care of my Resistance Monsters and they have released the hostage of my lifelong dream of working with the D/deaf~! 8)

With the WONDERS of the technology of today, there are options that I could never imagine (or understand ~ I am a techno-phobe :shock: ) ~ I am nearing my Brainstorming stage. §♥§

I have taken baby steps to overcome my tech-aversion and signed up for Skype chat. Well, I won/resonated a one hour chat with Marney M. ~ the creator of Artellaland~! She wants it to be on Skype. I do not care for it ~ it does not let me delete when Wabi Sabi happens~! :wink:

I have not read any of the posts on this thread... it is funny to see what I wrote so many "other me's" ago~! Oh, the tools I have »♦» NOW «♦« ~ 8 years later~!

I did a quick glance. I did get the chance to meet Rhonda Britten~! I still own the DVD and watch The Labyrinth~! I have moved to be close to family that is aging. I am a Certified Nurse's Assistant. My codependency cycle has been broken ~ the genie is out of the bottle and the bottle is smashed to smithereens. §♥§

I have completed Nanowrimo for 10 years now~! I started in 2003 and this July was Camp Nanowrimo and I actually wrote something that I could think about making into an e-book or something.

My creative (Facebook) name is Rin Meyer ~ it is one of those family name/street when you were a kid thing~! I am not on there much but there are a few pages and one columnist (Carolyn Hax) that I can't miss my daily fix of their insights~!

Tituba ~ you are a beacon of ☼Awesomeness☼ in a world with untamed Resistance Monsters running wild~! :shock:

Thanks for thinking of me Tituba ~ or thanks for picking up on my WONDERFUL vibrations of and towards you~! §♥§
Jeepdream
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Jeepdream » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:30 pm

Wow... I just read the soul touching words that the others shared.

Tweaking something from Brené Brown about vulnerability, I do a regular Shame Release and these are the touchstone words I say: I hereby release the personal shame I have about ☼____☼ and shake off the yoke of responsibility I feel for the shameful acts or emotional well-being of others~!

That is a whole lotta stuff in a nut shell~!

By staying with my own stuff, (by doing Inquiry ~ Byron Katie ~ The Work) I can embrace my Inner Critics (I am in Sark's WINS8 program) & Resistance Monsters. I have safe ways to express my feelings

In my mind/actions ~ handling Real life Critics is transformed by the realization(s) that it is ALL them, baby~! When people express negative feelings and emotions, it is NOT my job to rush in and soothe them~! They attack when they can't handle/deal/express THEIR feelings. It is not my job to try to dig it out of them why they are in such pain and help them out of it. Only to be attacked and treated like crap for "bringing it up" or my fave "making" them so _____ in the first place. :evil: I do not have the power to MAKE anyone do or feel anything ~ see the top... it is all THEM, baby~! :P

Oh, a MEGA realization has hit me that my life is DRIVEN by the Fear of Missing Out. Add to that little ditty my co-dependency bent of PROJECTING onto others ~ that I have to "save" others from missing out as well, and what looks like a little Tea Cup Terrier (Fear of Missing Out) is a freakin' pack of rampaging Polar Bears... and Polar Bears ►►DON'T◄◄ hunt in packs~! @.@
Jeepdream
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Tituba » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:24 pm

bump
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:40 pm

This is such a great quote.

I think it's interesting that all the different types of stuff can also be a source of power if accumulated wisely.

There's the physical "stuff" that we don't need, but somehow keep buying. There's the emotional "stuff" that keeps us scared or angry or somehow gets in the way of us doing what we want. And for some of us there's the food that tastes good going down, but slows us down physically when we carry it on our hips and stomach. People, also, can help us or slow us down.

The more I thought about the quote, the more "stuff" I became aware of. I can't get Labyrinth on Netflix streaming, but I'll try to find it somewhere else.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions