Good place to find penpals anyone?

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Good place to find penpals anyone?

Postby SarahC » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:12 am

I've been browsing in search of a good US penpals site. Now, I've often kept up correspondence with people in the past, and I know the precautions - heck, this is how I met my husband! - but I want to make sure before I start that I'm not about to get into an awkward situation. So...could anyone advise on a good site where I can find penpals living in the US who are not high school kids, prisoners and/or people looking for a romantic (or sometimes not even that!) relationship? I'm running up against these problems in particular with most of the sites I find, and since I'm simply looking for same-sex platonic friends of around the same age, it's a pain in the whatsit. Any clues anyone? (Please tell me if this belongs elsewhere because I couldn't figure out where to put it, so figured here was as good as anywhere!)
SarahC
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Unity » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:37 am

Do you have any hobbies? You could find penpals in magazines especially for that interest.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby velvet » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:29 pm

I made some great penpals through the Letter Exchange some years ago. It's a cute little booklet of pen pal ads that you can respond to. I just found it so extremely charming. I couldnt recommend it highly enough. It's all about the passion of writing letters. Check it out: http://www.letter-exchange.com/
I see that they are happy, not because they got luckier than all the rest of us when they found each other, but because they passionately desire and believe in their happiness.- Susan Page Destination, Determination, Deliberation! - Twycross, HP&TH-BP
velvet
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby SarahC » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:12 pm

Thanks for responding! Urszula, most of the hobby mags I read don't have penpal columns or are based in the UK...I've been keeping an eye on Sagewoman, which does have them, but so far nothing's turned up in the area (geographically) I'm interested in. I'm toying with putting an ad in myself. Velvet - I may look that one out, it sounds cool...
SarahC
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: Good place to find penpals anyone?

Postby kaintbuy4181 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:57 am

:idea: My numbers on my name tell you which lexer i used to be! I met fell in love but did not get married yet to the woman of my dreams who is still writing but not through the Letter Exchange! Steve Sikora is an icon and truly saw the internet and its different levels of communication before we did.Of course the internet started in 1969 before Al Gore was born. Once an article about LEX apppeared on the front page of the Wall Street Journal as it did in the back pages of The Christian Science Monitor and another writers magazine in the personals?I suppose Steve has a few books left in him. I wish him well if he sees this! I recently saw a pop up book about two people almost meeting after corresponding through the mail that was shown to me by a friend! I was not impressed because I had already been there done that.It was funny in a way because I had met her as she voluntarilly hosted a college world music radio show.We shared the same newspaper employer! :search:
kaintbuy4181
New User
New User

Postby hank freid news » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:04 pm

Try here. Complete a 360 profile and make a list of your interests. Before long you should be hooked up with others that have similar interests as you. That way you can exchange addresses so you can maintain writing relationships. I've done that for years, and enjoy it very much.
prior to joining the impulsive group hank freid gained operational and asset management experience
hank freid news
New User
New User

Postby Coleman » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:37 am

I never tried to have a penpal. may be i don't believe on such relations or i never felt a need for it. But for your help i can share some information with you. As i've heard that "PenPal World" is Fastest and Most Secured Pen Pal Site in the World. you may find hundred thousands of pen pals from every country from PenPal World.
Coleman
New User
New User

Postby barpenpal22 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:08 pm

Great question, i realise this is coming a bit late but for anyone that stumbles across this thread - I have made many wonderful and lifelong penpals through a club called Global Penfriends. The website is http://www.globalpenfriends.com Believe me when i say that i have tried a lot of penpal sites - this is the best and most genuine club i have used. You can search by age, gender, location, hobbies, languages and they have penpals on their database from countries i haven't even heard of before :D Enjoy!
barpenpal22
New User
New User

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions