The Secret - Video

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

The Secret - Video

Postby Tituba » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:42 am

I was at a networking event and someone told me I should watch The Secret http://thesecret.tv/home.html Has anyone seen this and is it worth it?
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby coachholli » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:54 am

Someone told me that it was a good movie and it reminds me to rent it. Why not?
coachholli
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:53 am

Rent it where? Blockbuster and Netflix don't have it. The only thing I see is to pay for it online or purchase it from Amazon. I was just wondering if anyone had seen it?
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: The Secret - Video

Postby marcus » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:40 am

I saw it and thought not only was the movie excellent but the whole instant $4.95 movie download thing was one of the most brilliant cutting edge media delivery concepts ever. You can find portions of it on metacafe.com and youtube.com type the secret and look for bob proctor, images of old davinci style paper, etc. waterfalls, and it will probably be the secret. I loved it and thought it was excellent. If you are into the positive thinking communities you will find many of the concepts are the good ol' tried and true ones but it is very well organized and presented in this flick. Have fun, :) ~ Marcus:)
Tituba wrote:I was at a networking event and someone told me I should watch The Secret http://thesecret.tv/home.html Has anyone seen this and is it worth it?
http://newtheatron.com "Theater for a new era of enlightenment."
marcus
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Brigham » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:56 am

Hi Tituba, I also saw The Secret (the downloadable version, i agree the concept is pretty neat!). I found it to be more like a documentary than a movie (no story line), but nonetheless very interesting, and would definitely recommend it. I was fine with watching the one-time version. You can pause the movie anytime and take notes (which is what I did). But some people like to watch it repeatedly to really get the message.
Brigham
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Brigham » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:59 am

Forgot to mention - if you wait a bit, the rental stores will probably start to carry it soon. There is another related movie, which also introduces the same sort of subject - it is called \"What the Bleep\" and it is definitely carried by Blockbusters, at least in Canada.
Brigham
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Tituba » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:05 am

I saw \"What the Bleep.\" I liked it alot (except the animation stuff).
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Brigham » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:16 am

The Secret' is a lot less scientific, I found it very easy to follow. As Marcus said, the movie sums up a lot of the concepts already discussed in 'positive thinking communities'. You can find much of this material on sites such as http://www.tut.com, http://www.abraham-hicks.com; the movie does a good job in pulling it together for you.
Brigham
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Tituba » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:30 am

Well I borrowed the tape and watched it this weekend. The positive thinking is great if followed by action. I just don't believe in magic. Too many people believe they can sit on their couch and just think themselves to success. If the positive thinking puts you in a mindset where you allow yourself to pursue opportunities, then it is powerful. If it cripples you into being lazy and believing in Santa Claus, then it is harmful. I do know that visualization is important. Same with affirmations. But only if they change behavior and actions. Not if it is just pretty stuff you tell yourself and continue doing the same things the same way and expecting a different result.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby kelki62 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:20 am

Tituba wrote:Well I borrowed the tape and watched it this weekend. The positive thinking is great if followed by action. I just don't believe in magic. Too many people believe they can sit on their couch and just think themselves to success. I do know that visualization is important. Same with affirmations. But only if they change behavior and actions.
I agree. The affirmations and visualizations only truly work if you are attuned to that inner voice telling you what is the next step and you take it. Just the affirmations and visualizations alone, over a period of time, just make one frustrated if there is no physical action accompanying it. Did "The Secret" seem magical in that respect? I haven't seen the movie but a couple of people have highly recommended it.
kelki62
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Tituba » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:15 am

I'm glad I didn't shell out any money for the video. Rent or borrow it if you want to see it.
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby sybilizedliving » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:35 pm

I purchased the DVD and have watched it several times-making it worth my money. I agree that wishing and dreaming alone rarely produce results but I do believe there is something to the attraction principle. I struggle trying to be logical about what I hear and read about the Law of Attraction - it's probably the ol' right brain/left brain debate. I do know that if I visualize on my goals, if I keep them foremost in my mind, if I keep my heart, mind and eyes open for opportunities that many many times, I see positive results. Is this from the Law of Attraction? From visualization? From hard work? I'm not sure - but they all work together for me. The thing about this video that was new for me is that when visualizing, I need to FEEL IT. I can't just think the visualization, I have to experience what it is I want. I have to feel it in my body. Ok, I'm sure this is probably a bit hocus pocus/lala thinking for some....so I'll stop here! I have enjoyed the DVD though and recommend it.
sybilizedliving
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby marcus » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:41 pm

Dear Tituba, Recently alot of your posts have turned negative. I don't understand this but I wish all the good in you all the best. Myself, I'm glad I "shelled" out $4.00 on this when people are regularly shelling out $9 for movies like "The Saw" part 14, or the latest "Our overpaid superstar is on the promo poster carrying a loaded or smoking gun..." type flicks. Best wishes to anyone ever producing any material with an intention of making folks lives better. Happy 2007 to all. Your pal, ~Marcus:)
Tituba wrote:I'm glad I didn't shell out any money for the video. Rent or borrow it if you want to see it.
http://newtheatron.com "Theater for a new era of enlightenment."
marcus
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby kelki62 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:56 pm

sybilizedliving, the law of attraction works absolutely. It is the degree to which we allow ourselves to receive our good that varies what we \"get\". Hmmm, I have to reeducate myself on this principle, then \"work\" it.
kelki62
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby writing_for_my_life » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:00 pm

The Secret is an awesome DVD! And now the book is available. I have ordered the book from the library but I am 57th in line. What does that tell you? The Secret must be watched over and over to allow it to settle into your soul. I too...know so much about the Law of Attraction...but knowing and practicing are 2 different things. You can not just watch The Secret once and expect your life to change. But do consider purchasing it because it is just so amazing and like nothing you have seen before. Best wishes! Sara
writing_for_my_life
New User
New User

Next

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions