The Secret - Video

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Friday Afternoon Brain Rumblings ...

Postby jcjm » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:57 am

Scenario Thinker wrote:Friday Afternoon Brain Rumblings ... And in all the events (millions, trillions?) that happen every day, some will coincide with some people's positive thoughts, some will coincide with some people's negative thoughts, just based on random chance.
Kind of like the investment scam where a salesaman calls people and tells half the people the market will go up and half that it will go down. Then calls the half he got right back, and says see I told ya so. If you have a big enough pool and hedge your bets, you have to be right some of the time. (Hope the quote function right this time.)
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby carwel55 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:42 am

I think the secret can be harmful. People who have been a victim of a crime or children who have been abused may believe they brought it on by their thoughts. I bought the tape because I saw it on Oprah, and thought I would watch it with my daughter. I did think the movie had some good points. Then I saw the guests on Larry King and a caller asked about a child who was assaulted then murdered, and his response was we attract what we get in our lives. I felt sick in my stomach and hoped the family of the child they were talking about was not watching. I am glad I watched the video myself , my daughter will not see it. carol w
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby kdb » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:33 pm

A woman \"test-drives\" the principles in The Secret:
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Dan Auito » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:55 pm

Along the lines of attracting others to us, I've found I have met many people similar to myself by writing something useful that is designed to help others feel better:
Dan Auito
New Poster
New Poster

Re: The Secret - Video

Postby Tituba » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:55 am

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions