List Your Three Lives

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: List Your Three Lives

Postby Lilybella » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:16 pm

1. someone who studies/helps marine mammals...I love the ocean, and love being underwater...I could live there if only I could breathe underwater :wink: 2. singer...could be jazz, opera...something fun and challenging 3. owner of funhouse/haunted house for kids to visit and have a blast in :lol:
Lilybella
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Jaydee » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:16 am

...World Traveler, well some of the world; there are parts I do not relish visiting. ...Doctor of Theology or Counseling or Counseling Theology; I came up with mighty low self esteem. I think I just need that title of "Doctor". :) ...Accomplished musician/singer
Jaydee
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Jaydee » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:21 am

Lilybella, I had a dream once where I lived underwater, and I could breathe. It was awesome, and it was one of the most incredible, memorable dreams I have ever had. I lived with a man there in the water. We had a little house in the water which we went in and out of. Does not seem that there was water in the house as I remember bringing a towel to my man when we went inside once. I can tell you what happened, but it does not describe the feelings of bliss, contentment, euphoria. I believe there is a spiritual meaning to this dream as well. jaydee
Last edited by Jaydee on Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaydee
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby sallypz » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:02 pm

Three are not enough...but here are my wild way out there three: 1. Founder of (at least 2) Non Profit orgainzations, the first one Mother Earth's Environmental Keepers---designed at reclaiming wasted, worn out places of the earth by things like waterless gardening techniques; tiered gardening for growing food in impoverished areas, using garden waste, grass clippings, fallen leaves, trash to create compost that is shipped en masse to be used to refurbish earths areas of worn out soils reclaiming them into beautiful soil capable of sustaining gardens, crops and plant life. An organization that is a beacon to the future for life on earth. The second Non for profit: Vixen Vetrans--an organization for vetran military women that have served in the armed forces...for fun activities, scholarships, etc....rent-to-own mortgages for single mom's that work on a 'reverse-like' basis..if you pay your mortgage on time for the first year the rate drops, etc... 2. Developer/owner of a homey-cozy-comfortable Short-story restraunt called: O'Henry's---designed to encourage writers of all ages by giving them a venue to promote their work...where with your meal instead of the staff asking you 'would you like fries with that?' they ask "Would you like a short story to read with that? We have plenty on our menu." 3. Multimillionaire mom to about 4 adopted children----and adoption advocate--a voice for the thrown away children of the world---providing a loving, happy home(s) and a good future to some of the children of the world that no one else wants. Those are my Big Three.... sallypz (MoxieMe)
sallypz
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby shparks » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:08 pm

Real life: After being lazy for a while, living off of the insurance money I got from a car accident, I finally move out of my mother's house and into a studio apartment. For two years, I work as a clerk at an Arco station. I get fed up with that and decide to quit my crappy minimum wage job in order to go to college to become a teacher. I don't get into the Bachelors in Education program that I want, so I get a Bachelors in Social Science instead. After working at another crappy job for a while, I go back to school again for a Masters in Teaching. I now have a teaching degree, but I do not feel like teaching was the right choice for me. I am up to my ear lobes in debt; and even if I was enthusiastic about a career in teaching, none of the schools are hiring. Alternate Lives: 1. I move to Hollywood to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. I write movie screenplays and TV spec scripts while also trying to market myself as a professional voice actor. With luck, I end up both writing and acting for an animated series like "The Simpsons." 2. After getting my Bachelors in Social Science, I go into a PhD program for Experimental Psychology. I focus on human intelligence and memory. I become a college professor and gain fame when my work leads to the discovery of a cure for Alzheimer's. 3. While I am still living on my insurance money, I start volunteering at my local library. I am eventually able to get hired for a half-way decent position there. It is better than minimum wage, and there is very little stress. I get to do creative things like helping plan youth activities, so I enjoy my work. I am not famous or doing anything all that important with my life, but I am debt free and happy.
shparks
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby greatleapforward » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:45 am

1. traveling the world teaching for three months of the year and writing another three and the other six months volunteer my time to assist in young women's projects throughout the world 2. actor, director screen writer 3. host a gathering place for intellectual discourse. decide on the topics, and guests.
Tituba wrote:This is a thread to list your three alternative lives. No one rush in with encouragement, links etc. Wishes/Obstacle forum is for that. This thread is just for a listing. Once you list the three lives you'd live, print them and put it near your computer so you'll see it everyday. You don't have to do anything towards moving toward those dreams, just have them in view each day.
greatleapforward
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby sallypz » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:55 pm

shparks.... Just wanted to comment your life #2 is not an impossible dream. Long time friend of my husband's daughter just graduated with a PhD.....and has been working on research on the genes related to certain kinds of Alzheimers & Downs Syndrome (the two are related genetically). They have made progress and her work has been noted in a prominent professional magazine. Amazes me...I knew her as a bubbly little girl. Think about it...maybe you should go for it and join the research. Good luck whatever you choose to do. sallypz (MoxieMe)
sallypz
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Riley » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:42 am

1. Motivational speaker and writer 2. Partner to a great guy, mother to one or two adopted childen and a couple of dogs with a beautiful zen like house nearby a major city. With wonderful friends that we've met over the years. 3. Country hopping journalist who can speak several languages due to spending so much time in various countries. I already got a head start on number 3 since I moved abroad this year and I'm learning the language! Three really isn't enough so I'll cheat and add more: (4. Resident kooky musical act in a coffee shop with similarly kooky and bohemian friends 5. Marathon runner and mountain climber.)
Riley
New User
New User

Postby tapit123 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:08 am

I love reading everyone's three lives. They really inspired me to think more widely than I would have otherwise: My three lives- photojournalist working with elephants writing great plays in Paris
tapit123
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Ilah » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:29 am

Digital artist upcycle crafter/artist (making thing with stuff than would normally go in the trash or recycle bin) information peddler
Ilah
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby tygrmovie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:42 am

1. Successful filmmaker 2. Own and live on natural wildlife preserve that also has meeting lodges and cabins for various Mind, Body, Spirit seminars and retreats 3. Successful inventor
tygrmovie
New Poster
New Poster

Postby jamesmb113 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:53 am

1. Musician (violin) 2. Playwright 3. Cowgirl's Sweetheart
jamesmb113
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby irminator » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:25 pm

(1) Wizard (Alchemist) :idea: (2)Soldier (4 start general) :shock: (3) Gypsy (reading cards~future~ teller) :D
irminator
New Poster
New Poster

Postby tapit123 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Holy cow-
I ran across this thread again and was blown away by my last answer. I still love reading everyone's 3 lives. My dream lives haven't changed much-
1) photojournalist
2) playwright
3) teaching older adults
I needed to see these again, as I've been feeling very lonely and useless these days. It has felt as if the spark is gone... :(
Thanks for keeping this post up...
tapit123
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby shparks » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:28 am

tapit123 wrote:I ran across this thread again and was blown away by my last answer. I still love reading everyone's 3 lives. My dream lives haven't changed much-

My dream lives have not changed much since 2009. The only difference is that now I want to get a PhD in Information Science instead of Experimental Psychology. I would focus my research on Human / Robot Interaction.
shparks
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions