IDEAS FOR BARBARA - PLEASE RESPOND

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

IDEAS FOR BARBARA - PLEASE RESPOND

Postby Tituba » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:12 pm

Barbara would like you to answer the following: "I could do anything if only I ----" Post as many answers to that sentence as you can come up with. Just the answers that are true for you - not what you think she wants to hear!
Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: IDEAS FOR BARBARA - PLEASE RESPOND

Postby yonuh » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:13 pm

I could do anything if only... ...I knew what it was. ...I had the energy to pursue it. ...I didn't have to work to pay my bills. ...I had a support system to cheer me on - other than my significant other. ...I had more time outside of my two or more jobs, the pets, the partner, the house, sleep, etc.
yonuh
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:29 pm

Tituba wrote:"I could do anything if only I ----"
...Fly (on my own, on Earth) ...Mind Read ...Turn Invisible ...Teleport ...Star/Planet Hop ...Travel in the Future/Past
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby kashtanka » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:37 pm

I could do anything if only... I were more disciplined I wasn't scared of the first steps I wasn't afraid of gaining some notoriety I could talk before groups of any size I could work consistently I had the right personality
kashtanka
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby skannie » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:53 am

I could do anything...
    if only I would if only I would do something if only I could start if only it didn't scare me if only I wasn't afraid if only I knew where/how to start if only it wasn't so difficult if only I could get myself moving if only I could choose something if only I could start something if only I knew what's stopping me if only I knew why I don't
Some variations without the "if only..."
    so why don't I? so what's stopping me? but not right now but I'm not ready yet but it's easier not to or I could just sit and think about it
www.beyond-mountains.com
www.scannertribe.com
Scanner Tribe Group on Facebook
Scanner Tribe group on LinkedIn
Twitter - @scannertribe
skannie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby DJCNOR » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:26 am

I could do anything if I were younger I were in New York City rather than Norwich UK I had citizenship or unlimited residency here I had more room I had the money to invest I had started earlier I could convince folks to give me a chance at it I had a car, or getting a UK driving license weren't so expensive and so hard I was better looking I had better equipment That will do for now.
DJCNOR
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby sgoldie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:32 am

Thinking of a particular situation- Had the backing of the right movers and shakers. Had their backing without having to compete with their own kids for it (nepotism). Was able to be picked even when they already had a closet favorite already picked out. Had the prescribed background of education that was expected.(right school, right degree) Had the usual feeder career even though people complain that's not what they want. Was not afraid to make an ass out of myself with endless shallow promotion. Was not afraid of half the people hating my guts unnecessarily just because. Was not afraid of having everything in my lifetime misinterpreted and used against me. And the usual: time, energy, money, and close support system.
sgoldie
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby AVATC » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:46 pm

I could do anything if only I -- -- didn't care about my future financial security -- didn't mind lowering my present standard of living -- set a stop watch when I'm on web sites like Twitter and Facebook -- were at my lowest, ideal weight -- were not self-critical -- gave myself credit for all the things I have done -- didn't feel discouraged or depressed about things I have not accomplished -- didn't compare myself and my accomplishments to those of other voice talent -- created and adhered to a structured marketing plan -- could let go -- got more sleep -- could swim outdoors in the sunlight every day -- could give more time and money to help other people -- create my own work instead of waiting to be hired by others -- posted this list in my journal so I would continue my efforts to improve in all these areas!
Karen Commins
http://www.KarenCommins.com
My audiobooks on Audible.com: http://goo.gl/3A5Mu6
AVATC
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby sallypz » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:34 pm

I could do anything if only I--- --wasn't afraid to... --could stop tripping over my own feet... --didn't have a million-and-one excuses not to... --was in a bad enough situation where i absolutely had to... --wasn't afraid to... --wasn't afraid to......and that's what it all boils down to.. sallypz (MoxieMe)
sallypz
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Unity » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:30 am

I COULD DO ANYTHING IF ONLY - This post all relates to one topic. I could return to the state of acting naturally, accepting everything, everyone and being very confident about certain aspects of life that are now too scary for me to live. However the reason I don't allow myself to be that person again is because in the past when I was this 'super-confident in all areas' person, there was always a side of me that was also avoiding something very important about myself and I used all sorts of unhealthy coping mechanisms to further the denial and deal with everyday life. So I find it very hard to 'let go' of everything that is now keeping me prisoner as it seems to an overwhelming challenge and lots of hard work (or is it?) I also think 'what's the point' as there would be this fear of a massive void if I got rid of everything I depend on even though another part of me knows this is the ONLY way forward - and I know that everything will work out because it always does for me. I also realise that if I'd just focused on ONE thing at a time to 'let go' instead of trying to tackle everything at once, I would be a different person now. So another 'if only' is not having this 'panic attack' that time is running out and I'll be too old if I don't do everything at once. As a result - nothing gets done. Occasionally a few successes but after a while I give up on them as I'm juggling too many balls at once and everything reverts to square one.
Unity
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby educguess » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:26 pm

I could do anything if only I: - had financial security for paying all the bills - money enough not to feel guilty spending it on myself and for pleasure - not be stubborn that I have to do it on my own - not feel guilty asking for help for myself - did not fear failure - did not fear being rejected - did not fear standing out - being exceptional
[color=#4000BF]"How To" LIfe Consultants, LLC " Personal Development for Mult-talented Individuals" http://www.HowToInLife.com [/color]
educguess
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby JeannetteLS » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:58 pm

I could do anything if only I could (the real list): Believe I could do anything Live in the absolute present far more than I do now Not have to be in so much pain 24/7 Not give a ... hoot ... what others think I could do anything if only I could (the static clap trap list): Not have to worry about losing my home or paying my bills Remember where my keys are from one day to the next Be young again Be thin Exercise Not be so available to everyone else when THEY want me Get a master's degree
JeannetteLS
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby MDG » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:16 pm

Hm-m-m... When you think you are dying, or may, soon...things get very simple...quick. I had a stroke...in a large grocery store. All it was, was...I couldn't seem to find the center or core of my left leg...the part that makes it work. By the time I was home, and slid to the living room floor, dh decided to call the ambulance. They sent the paramedics, and the ambulance. A couple of weeks later, after I had been the star pupil in the Rehab section of the hospital...recovering nicely...and being sent home...I had two more. Gently, I lost more and more use of my left side, in my sleep, over two nights. I am recovering, although more slowly than before, from that. Today, I walked without my walker, in our apartment...twice. (Got bawled out for it, twice.) I'm typing with two hands right now. :D Thing is...I want to finish a couple of projects right away...just in case. At least, I'd like to be sure they are understood by some others, since they are originals. But, no matter how urgent the task, and how much I want to do them, I'm still scared. I want company, help, understanding, and to even hand off the projects to others, if possible. It's Resistance, of course, but what a stupid time to hesitate!!! I'm learning stuff every day...particularly that I hate to sit in my chair all day and stare at the TV...and wearing diapers. That I hate most of all! Watch out, folks...they are seductive! They make you think you are safe from soiling the furniture, and from public embarrassment. Nope! They are training you to be dependent on them! Today, I was fortunate to have a professional evaluator check my safety at home. I was so frustrated with the diaper situation that I could easily have cried. I asked if any professional study has been made on the seductiveness of these urinary arrangements, and on how to return to one's own usual control. Apparently there is a medication, but I hate pills. Anything strong enough to control the kidneys and bladder with meds couldn't be any good for the liver, heart, adrenals, nor the brain, methinks. And then it dawned on me...I'll simply ask my brain to do it...whatever that takes. My brain remembers excellent urinary control...I'll let it. Same with getting past Resistance. I'll set my subconscious the tasks. I'll let you know how it all turns out. In case this sounds like wishful thinking, it isn't. It is the best my brain can do. Love, Mahara
MDG
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Beebelle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:11 pm

-if only I had started younger -if only I could paint/draw/be creative -if only I believed in myself -if only I didnt let myself get put off -if only I STILL didnt let myself get put off -if only my parents had supported me -if only I wasn't so conscientious and responsible -if only I felt creative -if only I could try -if only I could turn the voice off inside my head -if only I had the necessary motivation -if only I knew FOR SURE what it is I want to do -if only I had conviction ... etc etc etc!
Beebelle
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby sallypz » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:25 pm

I still believe at the bottom of everything everyone is saying (myself included) is fear...we don't do it because we are afraid. This has bothered me for the past week or so...I asked myself on the deepest level what it is that I am afraid of. I found I am afraid of losing my sense of hope...as long as my dreams are not realized they offer me a sense of hope, maybe somewhat of an illusion of hope, but hope nonetheless. I find that if I try to realize my dreams, reality will not match the dream. I may find out I am not enough to accomplish this dream, then hope is lost. The reality may not bring me the happiness/fulfillment that the unfulfilled dream offers...if reality does not match my expectations..then hope is lost. Hope is a fragile thing...it keeps us going against all odds. I find I need to feel hope..even if it's only an illusion. And so sometimes I stand still instead of pursuing what I want...I am afraid. sallypz (MoxieMe)
sallypz
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Next

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions