IDEAS FOR BARBARA - PLEASE RESPOND

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: IDEAS FOR BARBARA - PLEASE RESPOND

Postby calliecat » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:57 am

I could do anything...
if only I were someone else
if only I knew how
if only I had a support system and encouragement to do what I want to do
if only I didn't have a headache most of the time (from injury)
if only I could think straight and not get discouraged or overwhelmed
if only I didn't have my past in my brain telling me I can't do anything
if only I knew more and understood more
if only I weren't so scared of making a mistake with dire consequences
if only I had a better personality and people liked me more
if only I had a better education when young
if only I had parents who had loved me just a little bit
if only I were not in reality and were in a dream where I CAN do anything
if only I felt better, not so depressed and tired
if only I were organized and managed time better
if only I stopped obsessively planning and thinking and would take action
if only I would just DO something, but, I think it has to be the "right" thing... don't want to be impulsive and do something stupid, or make a mistake I can't undo, so I need to think some more... but, when do I get to the doing? (there's some fear here)
calliecat
New Poster
New Poster

Postby tapit123 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:02 pm

I could do anything if only I believed in myself.
tapit123
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Kirsten » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:17 pm

I could do anything... if I could manage my household.
Kirsten
New Poster
New Poster

Postby DesireeSommer » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:29 am

...if only I could believe in myself and my dream. ...if only I thought the universe was on my side and not against me. ...if only I was talented and gifted. ...if only I hadn't failed so many other times at doing it. ...I wasn't so stupidly scared.
DesireeSommer
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:56 am

DesireeSommer wrote:...if only I could believe in myself and my dream. ...if only I thought the universe was on my side and not against me. ...if only I was talented and gifted. ...if only I hadn't failed so many other times at doing it. ...I wasn't so stupidly scared.
Yes, I went through a spell believing that the Universe was against me. Then I realized I was being too sensitive and that the Universe is merely indifferent. :) There are teachings that say that we create our own realities, in which case we can create a loving Universe for ourselves. But for you to do this, it would require belief in yourself!

Good luck.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby DesireeSommer » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:31 pm

Yes, I went through a spell believing that the Universe was against me. Then I realized I was being too sensitive and that the Universe is merely indifferent. There are teachings that say that we create our own realities, in which case we can create a loving Universe for ourselves. But for you to do this, it would require belief in yourself!

There's a book I'm sure you've heard of by now, The Artist's Way, by Julia Cameron, where she talks about how God/The Universe/Whatever you want to call it is ~ that creates each snowflake unique, delights in creating a new sunset each night, joyfully creates not just one type of flower but thousands of mutations and adaptations of the same flower, must surely be an artist, a creator that delights in creation. And that God/Universe has got to be unabashedly on the side of artists/creators.

I always hope for that. And on my best days I believe it. On my worst days I am convinced that universe just wants me to be responsible and supportive, and do my humble work as a secretary... Other people may get to be artists, but not me.

Interestingly, I can't say that I have ever felt the universe indifferent to me. I am convinced I count, and that there is a plan for me, just not always convinced that the Universe and I are on the same page as far as what that plan is.
DesireeSommer
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:39 pm

DesireeSommer wrote:There's a book I'm sure you've heard of by now, The Artist's Way, by Julia Cameron, where she talks about how God/The Universe/Whatever you want to call it is ~ that creates each snowflake unique, delights in creating a new sunset each night, joyfully creates not just one type of flower but thousands of mutations and adaptations of the same flower, must surely be an artist, a creator that delights in creation. And that God/Universe has got to be unabashedly on the side of artists/creators.
Yes, I've read TAW. I have some quotes from that book on my blog. I don't recall reading the part you paraphrased, so I'm glad you took time to write it here because it's a lovely idea.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby GypsyBoots » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:39 pm

I could do anything if only I ----had the talent, had the drive, had the connections, hadn't squandered early opportunities making the wrong choices.
GypsyBoots
New User
New User

Postby nicolaneumann » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:25 pm

If only I would feel that what I do is important, meaningful, acknowledged.
Then I could conquer the world... Regards Nicola
nicolaneumann
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Berlino » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:53 pm

I could do anything if I wouldn't be my toughest critic!
I am not able to enjoy my personal success.

For example, I have completed a correspondence course "Screenwriter" with a grade of A, but I can't be proud of it.
I am learning the Italian language by myself. I can already understand a lot of texts after 6 weeks. But my heart can't
feel it as a great success.

Why??

Greetings from Berlin
Doro
Last edited by Berlino on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berlino
New User
New User

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:21 pm

Doro, if I took a course in Walking and got an A, I would not feel proud because to me Walking is second nature. But if I had been injured and lost the ability to walk, then I'd feel proud that I was able to learn how to walk.

Remember that most people are handicapped when it comes screenplays and the Italian language, including me. If you could see yourself from my perspective, you would be proud and amazed.
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:43 am

I could do anything if I I weren't always struggling with new technology, especially computers that seem to hate me. (They don't really.)
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I could do anything if I only…

Postby emspace » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:21 pm

1. stopped worrying about what my inner critic thinks.
2. stopped procrastinating and wasting my time on frivolous, time-sucking activities.
3. got out of my damned way.
4. stopped worrying about what to do with my apartment and all my “stuff.”

UPDATE: I’m getting better at all of these, except for #4. :roll: However, I think if I got the opportunity to fly away and work part-time abroad, I would quickly sort out the apartment and “stuff.”
Last edited by emspace on Mon May 27, 2013 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
emspace
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby JustineLuo » Fri May 24, 2013 6:05 am

I could do anything if everyone would stop interuppting me..

I feel constantly 'on-call' for everyone & I'm at the end of my piece of string :(
[color=#000080][b]Justine S. Luo | ACP Accountants P/L[/b]
A. Shop 57, 1 Brown Street Ashfield NSW 2132 Australia
M.+61 0404 11 66 88 | P.+61 2 9716 0669 | F.+61297160640
E. justine@acpaccountants.com.au | W. w.acpaccountants.com.au[/color]
JustineLuo
New User
New User

Location: Sydney, Australia | But I want to travel everywhere!

Postby SouthernArtist2000 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Didn't procrastinate so much all the time.

Need to understand that OF the 24 hours a day that I have to work with, I have to pare that to 12 hours MAX to allow for sleeping, eating, dressing, interaction with others, etc...

Then I need to NOT make a daily to do list that would take me 30 hours to complete on a good day.

Ah yes... (deep breath and a smile) it's a good day. Think I'll paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel today. Then I'll relax the rest of the day.
SouthernArtist2000
New Poster
New Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions