The Passion Test

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

The Passion Test

Postby slitherboy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi All,

Do any of you know about 'The Passion Test' devised by Janet Bray Attwood? There is a book of the same name by her and Chris Attwood, subtitled "The Effortless Path to Finding Your Life Purpose". Have any of you done the test? What was your experience?

[For people here generally whom I imagine are not familiar with it, It is supposed to help you identify what they call your passions (what's most important to you in your life) and find the top 5 so you can get clear and align yourself more congruently with them.]

In particular, there's an online version now that leads you through it, and they are having a 30-day, essentially free, trial (they ask for a $2 donation to a charity based on their work). I thought people on this board (myself included) might find it useful.

What is your opinion? Is it valid, helpful and useful, or something to be avoided, a misleading wild goose chase that could be more a liability than one's salvation?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Yours truly,

S.
slitherboy
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: The Passion Test

Postby antonia » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:49 pm

Have you done the test yourself?
do what you love where you love: http://www.anomadslot.com/
antonia
New Poster
New Poster

Postby slitherboy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:24 pm

antonia wrote:Have you done the test yourself?

Hi Antonia,

I signed up for the online thing, and it's currently a work in progress. I wanted to see what others' experiences and thoughts might be before making any comments myself at this relatively early stage in the process.

S.
slitherboy
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby tui » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:32 pm

It can supply leads and answers but maybe not the 'definitive, I can stop looking now', answer.

Worth the experience, though.

(Yes. I read the book a while ago. The next step seems to be - now I know this about myself where/how can I put it into operation?)
tui
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Tituba » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:00 am

Tituba
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby emspace » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Nope, hadn’t heard about this. But I already know what my passions are. I’ve known for a while, but getting to the point of being okay with what it is took some time.

tui wrote:(The next step seems to be - now I know this about myself where/how can I put it into operation?)

Yes, knowing your passion is one thing. The next is figuring out what to do with it, or figuring out how it can be of use to other people. Some passions are easier to pursue than others. Some are more active than others. Some produce more tangible results than others. Some are more impressive than others.
emspace
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions