Molly's Jury Duty

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Molly's Jury Duty

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:55 pm

ADMINISTRATOR - WEBSITE LINK TAKEN OUT OF THREAD AS IT APPEARS TO BE SPAM

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Molly, Elaine's border collie, and I frequently post on Elaine's blog:

My human and I got summoned for jury duty, and we got assigned to a case.

I'm so excited my tail is wagging double time. However,the judge, who is a wise and kind human, asked us not to talk about the trial until it’s over, and I have to respect her wishes. After the trial, I plan to blog about my impression of the human’s justice system. I can tell you this much, however. They don’t hand out Beggin’ Strips or rawhide chews in the courtroom, and you aren’t allowed to pee on the metal detectors.

Molly, signing off.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: Molly's Jury Duty

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:46 pm

Molly's Jury Duty – Day 1
As I said yesterday, my human and I have been summoned for jury duty. I’m pleased and humbled – and just thrilled with the prospect of serving. As you know border collies have a great sense of duty and a work ethic second to no man or beast.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:56 pm

The Molly Chronicles - Jury Duty - We Enter the Courtroom

They chose sixty of us at random as a pool of prospective jurors, and we were sent upstairs to Courtroom 2. I hoped and prayed that they would choose my human and me to serve on the jury. My human, I regret to say, was hoping to get out of it.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:43 pm

My human has used many excuses to avoid jury duty. He brags about not even having to show up! That would be okay if he could stay home and play ball with me, but no, he goes to this place he calls work just like most days.

Anyway, what's it smell like there!
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:57 pm

I found the problem. It's spelled bogspot versus blogspot, so it's redirecting:
Code: Select all
see [url]http://www.temporaryaddress-jody.bogspot.com[/url]
change to:
see [url]http://www.temporaryaddress-jody.blogspot.com[/url]
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:20 pm

SquarePeg wrote:My human has used many excuses to avoid jury duty. He brags about not even having to show up! That would be okay if he could stay home and play ball with me, but no, he goes to this place he calls work just like most days.

Anyway, what's it smell like there!

Hi, Shadow, Good to hear from you.

Humans just have a wierd idea about fun.

They don't allow food or dogs inside the courthouse, so you don't get the usual smells that dogs are interested in, BUT the people more than make up for that. Sometimes you get people who don't take baths. Our D.A. had peanut breath. If a mother has to bring her baby to court, you might get a dirty diaper or baby spit-up, or if you're really lucky, some Cheerios could fall on the floor.
Speaking of your human, why does he like to go to work so much? Are there gophers or squirrels there? Or garbage?
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:27 pm

Scenario Thinker wrote:I found the problem. It's spelled bogspot versus blogspot, so it's redirecting:
Code: Select all
see [url]http://www.temporaryaddress-jody.bogspot.com[/url]
change to:
see [url]http://www.temporaryaddress-jody.blogspot.com[/url]

Does that mean Molly can post if she spells the website correctly?
And should she post under "Deep and Shallow" instead of under "writers and speakers"?

Thanks ST for figuring out the problem. :D I was having a lot of fun with the jury duty entries, and was slightly bummed thinking I couldn't post them here.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Scenario Thinker » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:59 am

Maybe her paw hit the L and the O, but only the O took. :)
S.Thinker
....o
^/v
/>
Scenario Thinker
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Thanks, ST. That's probably what happened. As I often tell my human, it's hard to type when you have paws instead of fingers.

Here's my next entry:

Hello, Molly the Collie here, reporting from the courthouse.

The District attorney called his first witness, George, who wanted to go for a ride in his car. I think he needed to buy treats for his dog, but he didn’t actually say that. Anyway, his car was gone – stolen!!!!!

please see http://www.temporaryaddress-jody.blogspot.com for the rest.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:06 pm

Today, Officer Hansen took the witness stand again, and, being a dog, I was very interested in his testimony. Officer Hansen works with Caesar, a five-year-old German Shepherd, and it was Caesar who had apprehended the suspect, Rudy.

Visit my human's website for the thrilling details:

http://www.temporaryaddress-jody.blogspot.com
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:48 am

Wow, Molly, did you get to meet Caesar? I've never apprehended a human -- just lots of tennis balls. I love tennis balls, don't you? They soak up mud and dew and spit. My human doesn't seem to like them. He throws them away. But I always bring 'em back as quickly as possible. And he complains when I drop them in his lap. I can carry two tennis balls in my mouth and run around the yard. Do they need a dog at the courthouse who can run with two tennis balls in his mouth? 'Cause if they do, I'm their dog!
SquarePeg
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:58 pm

SquarePeg wrote:Wow, Molly, did you get to meet Caesar? I've never apprehended a human -- just lots of tennis balls. I love tennis balls, don't you? They soak up mud and dew and spit. My human doesn't seem to like them. He throws them away. But I always bring 'em back as quickly as possible. And he complains when I drop them in his lap. I can carry two tennis balls in my mouth and run around the yard. Do they need a dog at the courthouse who can run with two tennis balls in his mouth? 'Cause if they do, I'm their dog!

Hi, Shadow,
TWO tennis balls - that's impressive! I'm sure they could use your services at the courthouse. Would your human be able to spare you? If you do embark on a career in the justice system, I'd love to hear about it. Two tennis balls! I just can't get over that.

Speaking of tennis balls, I chase them, but I don't bring them back. That's my human's job. She doesn't seem to like that for some reason.

I did get to meet Caesar. It's all there in today's blog entry.

P.S. I just thought of a great opportunity for a dog who can carry two balls. At the courthouse, they have a lot of people in handcuffs, and other people have to take them for a walk. I'll bet you would be a great people-walker.
Last edited by Elaine Glimme on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:00 pm

Howdy, humans and fellow dogs,
This is Molly the Border Collie wrapping up her story about jury duty.
See my blog http://www.temporaryaddress-jody.blogspot.com for the lastest details.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:04 pm

The last jury duty post.
This is Molly’s human, Elaine, setting the record straight.
Molly thinks blogging and computers are a waste of time that could be put to better use - like taking her for a walk.
Yes, I had jury duty. Molly did not get to come with me.

see http://www.temporaryaddress-jody.blogspot.com for the complete story.

If you liked the posts, please tell your friends.

As Molly would say, licks and tail wags to you all,
Elaine Glimme
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Square Peg, I really liked your post about fear. I've had birds get trapped in my garage also, but I never saw what you saw.

When I think of your writing, I think of Molly and Shadow and wet tennis balls. I'd forgotten about the more serious side to your writing.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Next

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions