Molly's Jury Duty

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Re: Molly's Jury Duty

Postby SquarePeg » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:47 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to read me! :D
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Square Peg, right back at you. Thanks for reading my blog. That goes for everyone else who stopped and read my blog.

I had a blast writing about jury duty. I'd like to support the other writers who post here. i don't think we should post a link every time we enter something on our blogs, but when we write something we're particularly happy with, could we post it and support each other? The "writers and speakers" thread seems like the logical place for such a post, but I'd be happy posting it anywhere.

By the way, Square Peg, I would have missed your "fear" piece if you hadn't left that comment for me.

Any thoughts, all you writers in Barbara-land?

p.s. to Square Peg, when you write about tennis balls, I get a perfect image of a dog just full of energy, wagging his tail and going absolutely bonkers in quest of tennis balls. I don't know how old Shadow is, but I'll bet he acts like a puppy when wet, spitty balls are involved.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby SquarePeg » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi Elaine:

I'd welcome links to other writers' works. I think it's a good idea! I can't guarantee that I'll read everything, though.

I'm not sure I'd post any links of my own, though. Right after I finish writing and posting, I typically shutdown the computer (and go to bed) or I'll do something mindless on the computer. I often forget to post a link on my Twitter! Anyway, a link to my blog is in my signature.

Thank you for feedback on my tennis ball text. Yes, Shadow is exactly as you imagine him! Thanks, again!
SquarePeg
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:49 pm

I'm bumping this because Molly is planning on publishing her memoirs. And I need photographers to help her with this venture.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:46 am

Hello, fellow dogs and humans,

Again, this is Molly, standing in for my human who is busy sleeping.

I am thrilled to report that "The Molly Chronicles" have been published and are available on Amazon. Yes, they do include the discussions on jury duty started here on Barbara's Boards.

However, it is with a heavy heart that I write about our latest jury duty service. As I posted under "Success Stories" my human fell asleep in the courtroom and we were excused from jury service. The worst part is that she was happy about it.

I need to remind my human that she should give me a liver snack right about now.

Molly signing off with a disgusted snort (and a drool thinking about the liver snack).

Human's note. I'd hate to be responsible for causing the whole United States justice system to come crashing down. I sleep very badly. I'm usually awake between 2 am and 5 am and I really would have made a terrible juror. Also, as a positive plug for jury duty, if it hadn't been for serving in 2013, I wouldn't have been able to write the story of Rudy the Car Borrower, which led to the conversations with Shadow, which led to the baseball story.

Elaine signing off with a big, contented yawn.

Jury Duty Rocks!
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Previous

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions