Hello, Everyone!

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

Hello, Everyone!

Postby Quadira » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:49 pm

Hello folks! I'm new to this forum and want to get to know everyone. I just watched Barbara's first two videos about "scanners"; that's me to a tee! Thank you for validating us, Barbara!

I see there is a post suggesting that we respond to others first before posing our own wishes and challenges; however, there are very few posts from 2015 and I don't really have anything to contribute to the few discussions I do see.

So I wonder if it's OK to go ahead and share about myself?

Thanks!
Quadira
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Hello, Everyone!

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:41 am

Hi, Quadira,
Welcome.

I think it's fine to post your wishes here, then pop in and help the rest of us when you can. And just a comment that lets people know that you read their post is a way to support us. so hop in - the water's fine. And Yay, scanner!
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Quadira » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:27 pm

Thanks for the note, Elaine! I will go ahead and post. I'm curious: why do most of the posts I'm seeing seem to be outdated? I don't see many at all from 2015, in the categories I've searched!
Quadira
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi, Quadira,

First of all kudos for noticing the dates of the posts. The Boards used to be more active than they are now. And some of the topics have just run their course.

:D That said, scroll down this page to "Refuse to Choose - Forum for Scanners." There are new people posting there, and the the comments they made are similar to yours. In other words, you will have a lot to talk about and similar issues. Also, Barbara Sher has been posting on three of the threads. Please realize that she just had her 80th birthday, so she doesn't post all the time the way she used to. But her comments are always right on. And make sure you check the dates as you've been doing because it's very lonely posting on an abandoned thread.

I usually post under "Success Stories" - and the thread is the latest month - a few steps a day. You're welcome to post there, but I suspect the "Refuse to Choose" thread will be a better fit for you. And I suggest that you post your wishes and obstacles on Refuse to Choose even though you've already written them under "W and O." And do check this topic from time to time for comments.

So I hope you get some good answers here. And your comments and questions are right on!
I'll watch for your posts, and if you have any other questions, I'll try to answer them.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Quadira » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:44 pm

Thanks for the good suggestions, Elaine!
Quadira
New Poster
New Poster

Postby BarbaraSher » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:27 am

Yes, Quadira, these Sher Boards have been around in this form since 1999, and another format before that. But we welcome the addition of your wish and obstacle now. One reason you see fewer posts now is that we have a second place to post them. I invite you to post yours in both, so you get lots of ideas. The other one is the Idea Party on http://barbarasclub.com

I've been insanely busy for months, graduating my third bi-lingual class of coaches and getting ready to launch the first WriteSpeak program since 2009, among other things.

You might enjoy the new Scanner video playlist I've started on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFZKb2HCZPQ

Welcome!
BarbaraSher
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Quadira » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:10 pm

Thanks, Barbara!

I also posted in the "Refuse to Choose" forum, at Elaine's suggestion. I hope to get some good suggestions soon! :-)
Quadira
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:00 pm

Barbara, I watched your you tube video, and it was great. I didn't realize that the idea party on HO was active. I have a wish and obstacle to post there.

Good luck, Quadira. I hope you get some good answers.
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions