I could do anything....

This is the place for postings unrelated to action toward achieving dreams-- Emotions, World Events, Hobbies, Trivia & other important but not directly relevant matters. Muse, meditate, mope or ponder & enter other forums when you're ready to get moving.

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Tituba

I could do anything....

Postby wild rose » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:21 am

Hi folks,
this book really comes back to me (like all my other serial scanner interests) and I am awed by the new levels of meaning it gives to me every time.
Barbara once signed all of her books for me and still I gave some away at one time as I have done repeatedly in my life with stuff to create new space and to see what comes back to me. I also liked the idea that the book might inspire some more people, especially with her words and signature in it. I kept the scanner book among others :)
However, I know most of the content by heart anyway and today I dwell on the part about loosing something irretriveable and mourn the loss and remember the assignment about bitterness. I just cut open a pouch inside of me, where bitterness came pouring out about not beeing male:
If I had been a men,
I would have been introduced into the world of finance.
I would havee been dreaming up a career and made it happen.
I would have been travelling the world from one buidling site to the next and I would have thoroughly enjoyed it.
I would have had a family waiting for me at home and they would have been cheering me on. I would have been respected and seen.

I have been so wrapped up in playing the role I though I ought to play as a woman, it makes me smile (meanwhile). Guess I´ve had enough of that now and will go on exploring other options.

I have been wondering why there isn´t an extra section for this book alone? Maybe nobody wants to deal with the obstacles all the time?

Cheers,
S.
The day came when the risk to remain a closed bud became more painful than the risk to bloom. _Anais Nin
wild rose
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: I could do anything....

Postby Elaine Glimme » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:18 pm

I'm glad the book made such a difference to you. Come back and tell us how you're doing from time to time.
Elaine Glimme - author - "Temporary Address" and "The Molly Chronicles"
Elaine Glimme
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Re: I could do anything....

Postby wild rose » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:12 am

Thank you Elaine, I will :)
The day came when the risk to remain a closed bud became more painful than the risk to bloom. _Anais Nin
wild rose
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Return to Deep (or Shallow) Discussions